Our conductor protection services are ideal for salt-laden, coastal regions where overhead aluminium power cables are most vulnerable to crevice corrosion. The traditional method of conductor protection comprises of applying molten grease during the manufacture of the conductor. However, this entails maintaining a large thermally insulated reservoir of permanently molten grease, a process ridden with hit-or-miss potentials. It also generally fails to fill the crevices between conductor strands.
Our conductor protection product is Cableguard, a unique formulation of synergistic corrosion inhibitors, acids, metal deactivators, and age resistors. This blend of ingredients is contained within a refined, gelled mineral oil. Cableguard protects all major metals and alloys and is especially effective on aluminium, steel and zinc.
The benefits of Cablegaurd are once it is applied during manufacture at room temperature, it stays in place and once applied re-sets and stiffens, it fills the conductor completely, and will not melt or drain away.
We are specialists in anti-corrosion and rust inhibitors especially designed to protect metal and equipment during export, transportation and storage. Until now, corrosion prevention of metal parts and machinery destined for export and storage has been fairly rudimentary.
After many years of development, we have produced a solution in the form of Steelguard. This formulation protects all types of major metals and alloys subject to long periods of storage in adverse conditions. It is easy to apply and spreads and penetrates helping to save time and assist with quality control.
Steelguard is an effective corrosion prevention product combating the effects of acid fumes, salt water and other corrosive vapours. It can also be used on most electrical equipment.
Vaporol is a unique vapour phase inhibitor and tackles the very core issues of corrosion in unseen areas. Unlike traditional preservative oils where all surfaces have to be coated, Vaporol has only to be present in the tank or in the enclosed system. This means hard to reach places with complex structures such as engines and gearboxes are also protected.
This type of vapour phase inhibitor is low cost as a little goes a long way and its long lasting effectiveness means it continues to protect internal surfaces and mechanisms for many years. Vaporol is also better for the environment. It contains no volatile solvents or organic compounds, as well as being free of nitrite, chlorinated substances and heavy metals.
Our full Steelguard range provides a selection of rust inhibitors designed to suit a variety of requirements. Steelguard SX finishes with a stiff coating and can withstand short exposure to direct weathering during loading and unloading of goods, as well as withstanding brief periods of outdoor storage.
Acid Resistant Steelguard is intended mainly for dip-tank applications and supplied in concentrated form to be blended with white spirit. Touch Dry Steelguard leaves a thin, non-oil film where handling and presentation is still a consideration. Rust inhibitors, like Steelguard Universal, gives extra protection to non-ferrous metals and is highly effective for complex mixed metal items and electrical equipment.
B2B Products and Services
- Anti-Corrosion - Concentrates and Additives
- Anti-Corrosion Coatings - Exported, Metal Parts
- Anti-corrosive Coatings - Manufacture and Application
- Chemicals - Anti-Corrosion
- Coatings - Corrosion Prevention
- Corrosion Control - External
- Corrosion Control - Internal
- Corrosion Control - Specialists
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Chemical
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Marine
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Non Toxic
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Vapour Phase
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Water Based
- Corrosion Inhibitors - Water Soluble
- Corrosion Prevention - Coatings, Linings
- Corrosion Prevention - Compounds
- Corrosion Prevention - Marine
- Corrosion Prevention - Specialists
- Corrosion Prevention - Temporary
- Corrosion Prevention - Thin Film
- Corrosion Prevention Of Tanks, Pumps, Engines & Gearboxes
- Grease - Cold Applied
- Grease - Corrosion Preventive
- Grease - Overhead Power Conductor
- Grease - Pseudoplastic
- Metals Storage and Transportation Protection
- Packaging - Corrosion Prevention
- Paper - Vapour Phase Inhibitor, VPI
- Paper - VCI
- Protection Of Metal Parts, Goods During Transportation
- Protection Of Metal Parts, Goods In Export
- Protection Of Metal Parts, Goods In Storage
- Vapour Phase Inhibitor
- VCI Oils and Paper Solutions
- VCI Solutions - Water Based
- Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors
- VPI Oils and Paper Solutions
Page 1 of 1
First Previous 1 Next Last
Last Updated: 21-May-2012