Marine Inspection Services Ltd (MIS) are specialists in marine surveying.
- Hull Condition/Steel Renewal Surveys. Specifications are prepared to cover all steelwork and coating items
- Supervision/Quality control of steel renewals at shipyard
- Pre-Purchase, Predocking and Damage Surveys
- Rope Access Surveys using CCTV by qualified IRATA Inspectors
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements (UTM) Surveys for CAP, Class Renewal and Intermediate
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detection, MPI, Eddy Current & Dye Penetrant Testing
- Minor steelwork repairs using rope access using coded welders
All conducted by a highly qualified team who have up to 25 years of expereince in the maritime industry.
MIS are approved by all the major Classification Societies.
We specialise in surveys on LRGs, LNGs, ULCCs, VLCCs, Bulk Carriers, Product Tankers, General Cargo, FPSOs and FSOs.
Surveys can be tailored to meet particular requirements of different classification societies. If a vessel requires a Special/Intermediate Survey or a CAP (Condition assessment Program) 1 or 2 rating, our Inspectors have experience in what each Classification Society require.
Our reports contain precise details of areas of wastage/damage, drawings, photographs, steel renewal specifications, weights in kgs, staging and coating requirements. The report enables the owner/manager to get quotes from shipyards for the actual work required.
Industrial Rope Access is a proven method of achieving a safe work position at height or in areas of difficult access. It was initially developed from techniques used in caving to answer the need for a simple, safe and adaptable means of access, and was first used for inspections on the oil and gas platforms of the North Sea.
Pitting can be unexpected and, if not found at an early stage, can lead to vessel down time and high repair costs. In some locations the acid/water content of the crude can be very high and can cause pitting problems in the cargo tanks. Our inspectors have extensive experience in pitting surveys and provide a comprehensive report detailing locations, type of pit and repair required.
With UTM surveys becoming such a major part of the special/intermediate/CAP survey we are able to assist the owner or manager to reduce the pressure on them.
Our fully qualified teams have years of experience performing UTM surveys, so superintendents and surveyors are confident they can rely on our quality of work. We assist through all the stages, from preparation of the planning document, organisation of ballast/survey program, completion of UTM requirements to Class rules, and accompanying the surveyor as the owner's representative if required. We produce a comprehensive steel renewal report to cover any areas of wastage and can provide a steel inspector to supervise repairs in the shipyard, to ensure the repairs are completed on time and to the highest quality. All our Inspectors are qualified to BINDT (British Institute of Non Destructive Testing) standards.
With the financial and environmental cost of inferior repairs so high, our customers rely on our inspectors to get their repairs done on time and to the highest standard, whether the vessel is afloat or in dry-dock/ship-repair facility. As with all our work, our philosophy is never to compromise on quality.
Shipyards run to a tight schedule and this can sometimes mean a compromise on quality control and standards. We act as the Owner’s quality control representative ensuring that nothing is missed and that the highest standard of repair is maintained. This reduces the pressure on the Superintendent and gives the Surveyor confidence that all repairs are being tightly controlled.
We have extensive knowledge and experience on FPSOs and FSOs, performing visual/condition/UTM surveys by rafting and rope access/CCTV surveys. With our experience in FPSO inspection we help to minimise operational shutdown and therefore reduce costs. We also provide services for bow riser connection/disconnection and weld repairs with coded welders/NDT using rope access.
Our Coating Surveys give an in depth description of coating breakdown and defects. Reports include a photographic guide to the condition, with a breakdown of areas/percentages that require re-coating, staging requirements and type of coating. Our Inspectors can supervise the coating repairs at drydock and are experienced in Surface Preparation and Coating Standards.
B2B Products and Services
- Camera Surveys
- CCTV - Surveys
- Coating Condition
- Coating Condition SurveyS
- Corrosion Surveys
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Flaw Detection
- Flaw Detection Equipment
- Flaw Detection NDT Equipment
- Hull Condition
- Hull Condition Surveys
- Hull Inspection
- Inspection - Dye Penetrant
- Inspection Equipment - Intrinsically Safe
- Inspection Equipment - Ultrasonic
- Inspection Specialists - Ultrasonic
- Liquid Pentrant Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (mpi)
- Marine - Inspection
- Marine Hull Surveyors
- Marine Surveyors
- Marine Surveys
- Marine Warranty Surveying
- Metalwork - Marine
- MPI and Liquid Penetrant Testing
- NDT - Inspection Specialists
- NDT - Offshore Inspection
- NDT Inspections
- NDT Inspections
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) - Digital Flaw Detection
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) - MPI
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) and Inspection
- Offshore - Survey Services
- Pitting Surveys
- Plate Thickness Determination Surveys
- Plating Thickness Measurement
- Prepurchase Ship Inspection
- Rope - Access
- Rope Access
- Rope Access Services
- Rope Access Surveys
- Rope Access Video Surveys
- Sensors - Ultrasonic
- Ship - Surveyors
- Steel Inspection - In Dock
- Steel Inspections
- Steel Inspectors
- Steel Removal
- Steel Renewal
- Survey - Vessels
- Surveyors - Marine Tankers
- Surveys - Coating Condition
- Surveys - Oil Industry
- Surveys - Pitting
- Surveys - Pre Purchase
- Surveys - Steel Renewal
- Surveys - Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement
- Tankers - Access
- Testing Services - Ultrasonic
- Thickness Measuring Instruments - Ultrasonic
- Ultrasonic - Testing
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- Ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement Surveys
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements
- UT Surveys
Page 1 of 1
First Previous 1 Next Last
Last Updated: 04-May-2012