Super Absorbent Fibre (SAF®) is an extremely effective and versatile super absorbent technology. It is white, odourless and has the appearance and improved handling characteristics of a textile fibre, while offering the possibility of being used to produce a wide range of fabrics. It is available in different grades for various markets and applications, and has been developed to provide high rates of saline and water uptake. Its basic functionality is its ability to absorb up to 200 times its own weight in water, and 60 times its own weight in saline, at an extremely fast absorption rate.
The production process adopted by Technical Absorbents is extremely versatile, allowing for precise tailoring and control of all required fibre parameters. In-house quality control systems ensure fibre is produced to very exacting specifications. This is a huge advantage to many customers and has helped open up many opportunities in new market sectors:
As a result of the relationships it has built with some of the world’s leading specialist fibre converters, roll-goods producers and end product manufacturers, Technical Absorbents also toll manufactures nonwovens, yarns, woven fabrics and finished consumer goods - all containing Oasis SAF®. Its extensive product portfolio is already renowned within the industry.
SAF® can be converted into numerous fabric and yarn structures using the following web-forming processes:
• Product web technologies include BBAL/LBAL, MBAL and HBAL/XBAL.
Dry-laying – carded
• Can be processed through standard carding systems for nonwoven web forming.
Staple Fibre Yarn Manufacture
• Can be processed by all well-known staple fibre spinning systems.
Blending and Bonding
• SAF® can be blended with a full range of synthetic and natural fibres to meet customers end requirements.
• SAF® webs can be bonded to allow the formation of an extremely diverse fabric portfolio including needle-punched, thermally-bonded, stitch-bonded, latex-bonded, steam/calendar bonded and bonding combinations (multi-bonds)
AgroSAFTM is aimed specifically at the agro-textiles market and is the key component for a range of fabric technologies used by agriculture and horticulture industries. Such fabrics are designed for the controlled delivery of water and nutrients to different root systems as and when required.
Being fibre-based, AgroSAFTM opens up a number of possibilities for the development of fabrics that can be used over short or long periods of time, even in areas of low water availability. It can also be dosed directly to the soil.
Advantages of AgroSAFTM- based agro-textiles:
- Substantive and compact textile materials design
- Ease of handling and installation
- Wide range of fabric formats suitable for short and long periods of time
- Reduced re-watering periods
- Enhanced establishment times
GeoSAFTM is aimed specifically at the geo-textiles market and is the key component for a range of geosynthetic membrane fabric technologies that are used by many industries requiring water-sealant solutions. Such fabrics are designed to act as a barrier to water and help alleviate the problems of flooding.
Advantages of GeoSAFTM based geo-textiles:
- Substantive and compact membrane fabrics
- Faster absorption and blocking rates
- Ease of manufacture
- Easy to handle and install
- Require no additional edge protection or bonding
- Less shedding and wastage
KoolSAFTM is aimed specifically at the coolant apparel market, and is the basis for functional and durable fabrics that offer significant advancements in reducing wearer heat-stress and fatigue – whilst providing increased comfort and performance capabilities.
Such technologies are based on cooling though evaporation of absorbed water or cooling through absorption of body sweat. Both systems provide effective results when wearers are working in challenging environments, e.g. military, fire fighters, police force and workmen. The technology can also be employed in sports and other general apparel items.
Koolsorb fabric is a patent-pending KoolSAF technology. It can be converted into a wide range of garments which are worn next to the skin under heavy clothing. The fabric stimulates the dissipation of heat and moisture through the rapid absorption and containment of body sweat.
The material in touch with the skin remains relatively dry and conducts heat away from the hot areas of the body. This results in a cooling effect of up to 60C for the wearer – directly reducing the risk of heat-stress. Garments made using this technology can be laundered multiple times.
KoolEvapTM is a KoolSAFTM-containing absorbent nonwoven, used in the design of three-layer absorption cooling fabrics. It is sandwiched between two other fabric layers. When soaked, the KoolEvapTM core holds and contains the water from which the evaporation occurs.The outer and inner layers can be tailored as required to suit garment design.
The final three-layer fabrics can be converted into many apparel forms which are designed to be worn over undergarments. The wearer pre-soaks the garment with water and through evaporation it provides the wearer with a cooling effect and reduces the risk of heat-stress when working in hot conditions. Items made using this technologycan be reused through multiple wetting and drying cycles.
FilSAFTM is aimed specifically at the filtration market. It is the key component for a wide range of enhanced nonwoven filter media fabrics that are designed for the removal of water and particulates from aviation fuel, automotive diesel and a wide range of oils. Such fabrics help reduce problems associated with water contamination in such situations.
Its versatility gives rise to cost savings over traditional cellulosic-based absorption media, while offering full compliance potential to stringent international filtration standards – particularly in the aviation fuel and hydraulic oil markets.
Advantages of FilSAFTM-based filtration media fabrics:
- Suitability for the removal of water from a range of fuel and oils
- High and rapid water removal performance
- Optimised filter media design
- Optimum control over pressure loading within filter media
- Improved filtration efficiency
- Longer filter life
- Compliance with international standards
- Delivery of clean, dry fuels and oils
SwellSAFTM is aimed specifically at the cable market, and is the key component for spun yarns and nonwoven tapes that provide optimum protection for internal and external cable applications.
This dry active system of water-blocking protection for cable cores, affords prevention of water passage along the cable from a joint or point of sheath damage. This is achieved by a water-swellable yarn or tape being placed within the cable during manufacture.
Advantages of SwellSAFTM-based yarns and tapes:
- Fast water absorption and gelling rates
- High absorption capacity
- High gel viscosity
- Provides long-term stability
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Resistant to cable operating conditions
- Low dusting propensity and strong enough to withstand stresses
- of cable making process
- Improved ease of cable installation, maintenance and repair
PakSAFTM is aimed specifically at the food packaging market. It is regulatory listed for use in food contact materials, and is the basis for a portfolio of exudates management fabrics that effectively lock away lose liquids within their core, keeping produce fresher for longer.
Fabrics incorporating PakSAFTM provide highly innovative and efficient means of keeping meat, fish, poultry and a whole range of other perishable foodstuffs packaged in optimised conditions.
Advantages of PakSAFTM:
- Improved conversion efficiencies into nonwoven fabrics
- Regulated by the United States of American Food and Drug
- Administration (FDA) for use as a fluid absorbent in food-contact
- Significant improvement of product shelf-life
- Optimum presentation to the customer
- Allows for the temperature to be controlled and remain constant
- Non-migratory properties allows fabrics to be cut and shaped
- as required
MediSAFTM is aimed specifically at the medical market, and is the basis for soft, flexible advanced wound care dressings, which absorb and retain wound exudates – creating the optimum environment to aid the healing process and prevent further bacterial growth.
MediSAFTM really is the essential basis for true absorbent media innovation within the medical sector. As such products are mainly fibrous based, it enables it to be integrated exceptionally well throughout the final product, resulting in excellent conversion, minimum wastage and consistent performance.
Advantages of MediSAFTM:
- Easy to integrate within the final product
- Gives rise to exceptionally substantive and even distribution profiles
- Extensively tested as safe-for-use
- Allows precise tailoring of fluid management performance needs.
HyiSAFTM is aimed specifically at the disposable hygiene market, and is the key component for a wide range of soft, discreet and comfortable nonwoven fabric cores that provide superior fluid absorption, and low re-wet performance, in ultra-thin femme-hygiene, diaper and incontinence products.
In addition, as absorbent cores used in the majority of hygiene products are fibrous, this enables HyiSAFTM to be integrated extremely well throughout the final product, resulting in excellent conversion, minimum wastage and consistent absorbency performance.
Advantages of HyiSAFTM:
- Improved conversion efficiencies into nonwoven fabrics
- Fibrous form negates the need for containment systems
- Even distribution
- Minimum wastage
- Consistent performance
- Lends itself to discrete product designs
- Extremely high levels of user comfort
- Ideal for femme-hygiene, diaper and adult incontinence products
B2B Products and Services
- Absorbent Pads
- Animal Bedding
- Animal Health Care Products
- Cable - Protection
- Cable and Wire - Other
- Cable and Wire - Underwater
- Cable Assemblies - Fibre
- Chemical - Absorbents
- Clothing - Sportswear, Performance Fabrics
- Construction - Protection Material
- Coolant Fabrics
- Dental - Products
- Fabric Cores - Geo-Textile
- Fabric Manufacturers - Performance
- Fabrics - Man-Made Fibres
- Fabrics - Moisture Management
- Feminine Hygiene
- Fibres - Man Made
- Filters - Aviation Fuel
- Filters - Fuel
- Fire Protection - Equipment
- Food - Shelf Life Improvers
- Food Hygiene
- Food Packaging - Meat Protection
- Food Packaging - Trays
- Food Zone Mats
- Foods - Packaging Materials
- Garden Products
- Hygiene Incontinence Products
- Hygiene Towels
- Medical - Disposables
- Packaging - Food
- Packaging - Leak-Proof Refrigerant, Absorbent Polymer
- Packaging - Primary Food
- Seed Matting
- Spill Management
- Super Absorbent Materials
- Technical Fibres - Filtration
- Technical Fibres - High Performance
- Textile Manufacturer - Performance Fabrics
- Trays - High Performance
- Waterproofing Materials
- Wipes - Clean
- Wipes - Fabric
- Wound Care Products
Page 1 of 1
First Previous 1 Next Last
Last Updated: 01-May-2013