Wheel Blast Cleaning Equipment : Wheelabrator offers the largest variety of wheelblast machines worldwide. More than 50,000 active wheelblast machines globally prove the ability of Wheelabrator to deliver the right solution. The range encompasses the shotblast machines from DISA, now rebranded "Wheelabrator".
A complete range of standard designs is available for batch or continuous/in-line processes, alternatively Wheelabrator can provide a custom-designed solution to fit your application. Whatever solution is appropriate for your needs and will bring you the best return on investment, Wheelabrator has the solution or the competence, know-how and skills to develop it.
Vibratory Mass Finishing Equipment : Wheelabrator offers a comprehensive range of Walther Trowal vibratory finishing machines to meet a multitude of specific requirements. Our vibratory finishing portfolio serves the needs of various sectors including aerospace, automotive and medical. In some regions, we offer subcontract vibratory finishing services, please contact us for further details.
Shot Peening: Wheelabrator specialises in custom-designed Shot Blast Peening Equipment and surface preparation solutions to provide a solution to your challenges.With global innovation (five technology centres across the world) and global machine support, we can support your shot peening and surface preparation needs.
The Shot Peening Process: Shot peening is a process specifically designed to enhance the fatigue strength of components which are subject to high alternating stress. Surface treatment procedures like grinding, milling, bending or heat treatment procedures cause Tensile Residual Stress.
This Tensile Residual Stress leads to low life cycles of the parts. Shot Peening converts Tensile Residual Stress into Compressive Residual Stress which leads to significant increases in the life cycle of parts and their maximum load capacities.
Wide Ranging Solutions to Fit All Applications: Shot Peening is cost effective and reliable and can be achieved with Airblasting or Wheelblasting – depending on capacities, part size and requirements. Landing gears or turbine blades of aircraft, artificial joints in the medical industry, gear wheels, gear shafts, valve springs, suspension springs, connecting rods, and many other parts in various industries are shot peened every day.
Wheelabrator offers a range of shot peening machines to meet the requirements of all industries from automotive to aerospace, renewable energy to medical. Wheelabrator Group has the capability to realise complete solutions with different blasting processes from one source, and with the ability to combine air and wheel blast technology, offers a range of innovative solutions to fulfil customers' needs.
Airblast machines : These machines can take the form of a dry blastroom /cabinet or wet blast cabinets. During dry blasting (dry free flowing media) and wet blasting (media water mix) the blast media is pneumatically accelerated by compressed air and projected by nozzles onto the component.
The blasting task determines the selection of dry/wet blast and abrasive media to be utilised.
In both air and wet blasting the blast nozzles can be installed in fixed positions or can be operated manually or by automatic nozzle manipulators or robots.
Wheelabrator has the most extensive portfolio of airblast machines. It includes manual machines for blast cleaning through to highly complex peening machines for the aerospace industry.
The extensive experience within the global technology centres for airblast machines means Wheelabrator has the biggest competence pool in this field. With our commitment to continuous enhancement of blasting processes in combination with the latest innovative machine concepts, Wheelabrator customers always receive the best technologies.
A coating process is important following the blasting process, to ensure that the blasted surfaces do not corrode. The coatings can be paints, powder or other materials.
Wheelabrator provides many coating solutions including stand-alone solutions for coating components, complete coating lines for small components and a particular speciality of Wheelabrator is the open painting area for steel construction producers and manufacturers of large components, such as shipyards and foundries. Treatment of large or bulky parts is often difficult in closed cabins, as investment costs for cabin housings and lighting can be high, and transporting parts in and out of the cabin can be difficult and time consuming. This is when Wheelabrator’s open painting system offers many benefits to the customer:
- Painting and drying can be undertaken in one place, and the area can be used for other work when painting is not being done
- Workshop cranes can be used, rather than needing special transportation systems
- Reduced workpiece handling reduces the risk of damage to the part
- Oversized parts can be treated in sections
- Ventilation of sections is possible, resulting in less air and energy consumption
Please visit our website and fill out our contact us form.
Don't forget to mention you found us on Applegate.
B2B Products and Services
- Abrasives - Blast Cleaning
- Abrasives - Glass Fibre
- Abrasives - Industrial Finishing
- Abrasives - Metal Finishing
- Abrasives - Wheels
- Advanced Internal Cleaning Blast Machine
- Aeronautical Engineering Services
- Aerospace - Engineering
- Aerospace - Equipment
- Aerospace - Machining Services
- Aerospace - Precision Engineering
- Air Blast Rooms
- Aircraft Wing Peening Machine
- Aluminium - Finishing Services
- Anti-corrosive Coatings - Manufacture and Application
- Automotive - Motorsport Components
- Automotive - Recondition Spare Parts
- Automotive Engineering - Components
- Batch Type Tumblast Machine
- Blast Cleaners
- Blast Cleaning - Equipment
- Blast Cleaning - Hand Cabinets
- Blast Cleaning - Services
- Blast Rooms and Recovery Systems
- Blastclean - Rooms
- Blasting - Bead
- Blasting Cabinets
- Cabinets - Dry Blasting
- Cabinets - Wet Blasting
- Cleaning Equipment - Service, Repair
- Closed Circuit Blast Machine
- Concrete - Surface Preparation
- Concrete - Surface Preparation Equipment
- Continous Rocker Barrel Machines
- Continous Tumblast Machine
- Deburring Equipment
- Deburring Machines
- Deburring Services
- Degreasing Equipment - Aqueous
- Degreasing Equipment - Baskets, Holders
- Degreasing Equipment - Ultrasonic
- Equipment - Industrial Washing
- Flexible Peening Machine
- Foundry - Equipment
- Frame Machine
- Gear and Ring Gear Peening Machine
- Gear Peening Machine
- Hanger Type Machine
- Heavy Duty Transmission Gear Peening Machine
- Horizontal Belt Blast Machine
- Inclined Belt Blast Machine
- Manipulator Blast Machine
- Mass Finishing Machines
- Metal Finishing
- Module8 Blast Machine
- Nadcap Approved - Contractor
- Open Blast Machine
- Overhead Monorail Blast Machine
- Pass Through Monorail Blast Machine
- Peening Machine
- Pipe Blasting
- Pipe Joints - Mechanical
- Preservation Line
- Pressure Air Blast Machine
- Pressure Fed Air Blast Cabinet
- Robot Gripper
- Robot Manipulator Machine
- Roller Conveyor Machine
- Roller Conveyor Type S
- Roller Conveyor Type X
- Satellite Table Machine
- Shaft, Grinded Gears And Assembled Ring Gear Peening Machine
- Sheet Metalwork - Finishing
- Shot Blasting - Abrasives
- Shot Blasting - Contractors
- Shot Blasting - Equipment
- Shot Blasting - Equipment, Used
- Shot Blasting - Service
- Shot Blasting Equipment - Components and Spares
- Shot Blasting Equipment - Installation and Servicing
- Shot Blasting Equipment - Relocation
- Shot Blasting Equipment - Training
- Shot Blasting Equipment - Upgrading
- Shot Peening - Contractors
- Shot Peening - Equipment
- Shot Peening - Off Site
- Shot Peening - On Site
- Shot Peening - Service
- Skew Roll Conveyor
- Skew Roll Machines
- Spinner Hanger Type Machine
- Spring Peening Machine
- Spring Peening Machine (Mini)
- Strip Descaling
- Suction Air Blast Cabinets
- Suction Fed Air Blast Cabinets
- Surface Preparation - Cleaning Equipment
- Surface Preparation - Steel
- Table Blast Machine
- Ultrasonic - Cleaning Equipment
- Vertical Roller Conveyor
- Vibratory Finishing Machine
- Wet Blast
- Wet Blasting
- Wire Descaling
Page 1 of 1
First Previous 1 Next Last
Last Updated: 15-Jan-2013