- Part Code
- Newson Gale
- The Mobile Ground Verification system (MGV) is a unique, patented technology designed to provide automatic confirmation
of a positive electrostatic ground connection for trucks collecting and transferring flammable/combustible products.
Vacuum trucks and tank trucks, including their hoses and hose connections, are susceptible to static charge accumulation during the transfer of product into or out of the truck?s containment system. This accumulation of static charge is equivalent to a hidden source of ignition and if discharged as a static spark can lead to the ignition of the product or the atmosphere in which the truck and material handling team is operating.
To eliminate the risk of incendive static spark discharges the API standard 2219: Safe Operation of Vacuum Trucks in Petroleum Service recommends that vacuum truck operators transferring flammable and combustible product in hazardous locations must fully ground the truck prior to any other task in the transfer operation by connecting the truck to a "proven ground source". The Earth-Rite MGV is designed to enable operators establish safe grounding of their vehicle in accordance with this standard.
Typical Grounding Applications:
- Cleaning & material recovery operations for on-site cleaning of storage tanks and chemical spills.
- Transporting chemical to various stages of production on chemical manufacturing sites.
- Transporting flammable product to external sites where installed grounding systems are not present or have not been verified by the supplier.
- Hazmat Recovery operations recovering flammable spillages following transportation and loss of containment incidents.
- Last Modified