High performance hinge manufacturer Cooke Brothers was established in 1872 in the jewellery quarter of Birmingham by the sons of William Cooke a Lancastrian in the cotton industry. The business concentrated on the production of hinges, prospered and grew, relocating several times within the industrial heart of the city until in 1960 a green-field site in adjoining Staffordshire was purchased as the base for a purpose built factory. Since then the premises have been expanded several times and recently the adjacent properties have been purchased to give a current site area of over 4 acres.
Cooke Brothers has the capacity for presswork up to 250 tonnes, automated production, tooling, welding, riveting, polishing and plating facilities all at its factories in the industrial Midlands.
The company manufactures the well known 7000 Series and Phoenix Architectural Hinge ranges, both of which are widely acknowledged as world class products by global professionals.