Skills shortages within the engineering and manufacturing sector have taught employers that it is crucial to train people to achieve higher level of skills. Without the flow of skilled people graduating into the industry and the constant up-skilling of existing staff the sector will be unable to be as competitive as it should.
The EEF Technology Centre offers companies a real opportunity of ensuring a future world-class workforce, by using government finance to best advantage.
The EEF West Midlands Technology Centre sustains the highest traditions of engineering training excellence. It has lasting relationships with a wide range of companies, playing a major part in strengthening the skills base of the engineering, manufacturing and technology sector not only in the West Midlands, but across other regions.
The Centre isn't simply one of the county's leading trainers. As part of the UK's largest engineering employers' organisation, it has a comprehensive understanding of the sector - and thus provides a range of cost-effective support services.
The EEF Technology Centre offers advantages and opportunities that no other training organisations can match - including total flexibility to adapt programmes and develop programmes that reflect the precise needs of individuals and companies; uniquely close personal supervision and guidance; and exceptional workshop facilities, recently benefiting from significant investment in the latest equipment.
It is nationally recognised for the excellence of its work, accredited by national awarding bodies such as City & Guilds, CIEH and EAL, and additionally works closely with SEMTA, the Sector Skills Council for the engineering and manufacturing sector. Apprentice Training
Apprentices are the platform for the future for every engineering company. But many organisations are unclear about their requirements, or how to ensure they find reliable, effective schemes. EEF West Midlands Technology Centre provides help every step of the way
Employers tell us that they use us most particularly because:
Assessment centre and NVQ implementation
- We provide total project management
- We instill a genuine work ethic in the people we train
- We offer a selection and recruitment service
- Our training is a mixture of theory and practical work
The Centre is a fully approved and licensed assessment provider. This enables it to operate an assessment and training service for the delivery of NVQs by providing visiting assessors to review your employees at their place of work - including one to one support.
It delivers NVQ qualifications in the following areas:
- Business Improvement Techniques - process engineering and quality
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Electrical maintenance - electrical, mechanical or dual skill
- Engineering Technical support - drawing, quality, testing or computer control
- Fabrications and welding engineering
- Mechanical manufacturing engineering - machines operating, CNC operating production assembly
- Performing engineering operations - fitting, machining, assembly, sheet metal, welding and electrical
- Performing manufacturing operations - machining, assembly, welding, press work and CNC
- Specialised plant and machinery operations - fork lift truck or overhead crane
- Distributive, Warehouse and storage operations
- Distributive operations
- Engineering tool making
- Introduction to team leadership
- Certificate in team leadership
- Team leader award
In support of these programmes, the Centre provides a range of services, including Registration and certification and internal verification. These programmes can be funded through the ‘Train to Gain’ initiative subject to individual approval The EEF Technology Centre
Consider the outstanding qualities of the Technology Centre services:
- We train people in smaller groups than other providers - including one to one support - for optimum impact
- We can adapt and design courses and learning experiences to match the customer's priorities and job profiles. And that means your employees can make an immediate contribution
- We have the flexibility to run programmes in your own premises
- Our courses are genuinely hands on, combining theory with a structured practical approach
- Our fees are highly competitive
- Our staff are experienced engineers as well as qualified trainers
- We provide a cheerful, responsive and supportive environment
What's more, you can rely on the quality of our advice on any aspect of your training needs. Our Knowledge, and our experience, is comprehensive: as part of a leading national engineering organisation, we are continuously in touch with the latest developments and opportunities. Flexible, supportive and responsive
While our Centre has outstanding facilities at its headquarters in South West Birmingham, it can also deliver high quality, specifically designed training on your premises, using your equipment, so that it is a precise fit. All programmes can be provided in a flexible way to suit your methods of working, including evenings, night shifts and weekend working. The length of the programme can also be adjusted to suit your company and the personal circumstances of trainees. All programmes are equal in access and opportunity to all delegates. Equally important, our fees are extremely competitive. We know how important it is to deliver real value for money