offers a product design and development service with an emphasis on innovative solutions.
Over 18 years experience in a number of markets including:
Split system air-conditioning units, Cutlery, kitchenware, computer housings, knives, furniture components...
- Underbody components, Plastic pedals, trim ...
- Medical Devices
- Orthopaedic implants and instrumentation, Patient cooling devices.
By combining core skills and experience in Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering, products are devised and developed that exceed the users expectations and perform technically.
Formative Design uses 'high end' Unigraphics NX2 software for advanced 3D modelling and analysis. Core skills include:
- Concept creation and sketch presentation
- Advanced 3D modelling - parametric and surface
- Project management
- Engineering drawings to ISO standards
- Tolerance analysis, including GD&T
- Advanced presentation including rendering, animation and PowerPoint
- Management of rapid prototype creation