ISOVOLTA was established in 1949 at Werndorf near Graz in Austria as the “Österreichische Isolierstoffwerke Kommanditgesellschaft H. Turnauer & Co”. The commissioning of the plant built in 1962 in Wiener Neudorf and the associated relocation of the headquarters formed a milestone in the history of ISOVOLTA. The consistent expansion of its product portfolio – for example, adding technical high pressure laminates for the electronics, recreation and aviation industries as well as laminates for the furniture industry – and the establishment of subsidiaries such as the company “Thermax Brandschutzbauteile GmbH” were the pillars for sustainable business growth. The international expansion began in the mid-1980s with the establishment of production and sales locations in India, USA, China, Spain, Romania, Mexico, Germany and France. The splitting of ISOVOLTA into ISOVOLTA AG and ISOMAX AG in 2002 allowed a more precise focus and better concentration of business activities and thus supported the healthy growth of the ISOVOLTA Group. More than 1,500 employees in 18 production and sales locations in 12 countries around the world are daily expanding and consolidating the cooperative customer relationships with professional, personal and intercultural competence.