Promoting, Protecting and Serving our Members
The Lighting Association is a defining voice; protecting the interests of the lighting industry across all sectors and representing some of the most professional lighting manufacturers in the world today. Our members look to us to:
- Keep them up to date with new legislation.
- Generate detailed market intelligence.
- Technical Code of Practice for manufacturers.
- Laboratory test facilities for luminaires, ballasts lamps and lampholders including lumen output testing.
- Subsidy Schemes for energy efficient lighting.
- Ensure products meet the required standards.
- Provide informed technical advice and support.
- Discover new markets in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- Represent interests both at home and abroad.
- Establish and maintain close liaison with associated trade and Government bodies.
- Technical Training for manufacturers and lighting retailers.
- Provide staff and management training.
- Engage in a wide range of publicity and information campaigns to promote new lighting ideas and better use of lighting in both domestic and commercial installation.
The Lighting Association Technical Committee
This powerful Committee hails representatives from all sectors of the industry. Assessing draft proposals, emanating from the European Commission, UK Government and other sources such as standards bodies, etc.
The Lighting Association Laboratories
Operating the only independent Laboratories in the UK dedicated to luminaire and lamp testing.
As the largest lighting association in Europe and a leading trade body for the lighting industry, we aim to represent all of our members equally. To provide accurate industry information to Government, Professional Bodies and Trade Institutions whilst providing our experience and accredited services to help members compete in the world lighting arena.
Subscription costs range from £480 to £3,190 per year.