Plasterers are tradesmen who apply plaster and other decorative work to surfaces on the interior or exterior of buildings, in preparation for decoration and finishing. There are various types of plastering depending on the surface to be covered. Solid plastering may involve the plasterer applying wet finishes to surfaces; screeding a wall or floor to level it; or rendering an external wall with a protective coating like roughcast (pebble-dash). Fibrous plasterwork is used to create ornamental features such as cornices, architraves or ceiling roses. Dry lining involves erecting and fixing internal plasterboard or wallboard partitions which may or may not be covered with a skim coat of plaster afterwards. Plastering contractors may carry out plasterwork or repairs and restoration work on housing and large commercial developments or public buildings such as schools and hospitals. Specialist plasterers work in building conservation.

There are no suppliers in this category