Advanced Plastic Technology
We are a subcontract plastic fabrication and plastic machining company. We provide plastic engineering services to UK based manufacturers and product companies, including:
- Plastic fabrication
- CNC machining
- CNC routing
- Laser cutting
- Line bending
- Drape forming
- Flame polishing and vapour polishing
A variety of plastics, including PVC, polyethylene and polypropylene are fabricated through the process of hot gas plastic welding. While the basic concept of plastic sheet welding is simple, there is a great deal of skill involved in actually joining components together. Quality welding of rigid plastics is a skill developed over many years of experience. Our team are highly experienced in all the above materials, and we have CSWIP certification for the hot gas welding process.
We laser engrave a variety of materials using rastering technology that allows us to achieve a range of dpi resolutions ' from industrial standard to near photo quality. We specialise in engraving acrylic (Perspex, Plexiglas), engravable laminated plastics and Corian.
Laser engraving offers the following key benefits:
- the quality feel of an engraved component
- ability to engrave small font sizes
- superior reproduction of fonts and logos
There are many applications for laser engraving, from equipment and component marking though to promotional products. Control panels and equipment fascias are a speciality.
We offer plastic machining services using our 3-axis CNC-controlled machinery with 2-1/2D capabilities to machine a wide variety of plastic components.
While there many different types of CNC machinery in use in the UK, our equipment has been chosen to provide the following features:
- large bed sizes to minimise non-productive handling operations
- high-speed spindles for fast cycle times
Drape moulding is a forming process that is good for producing large radius curves in plastic panels and for making tubes and cones. It is particularly effective for large components and thick section materials.
The main benefits of drape moulding are:
- relatively inexpensive tooling costs, so cost effective for low volume production
- maintains material thickness ' limited stretching and thinning of material compared with vacuum-forming
- achieves very good forming results on certain materials, especially acrylic