Aphis Training and Services
APHIS Training & Consultancy Services
We provide a number of different services, training and consultancy. We provide courses to people develop the knowledge and gain qualifications in Security Training, First Aid Training and Health & Safety Training in Oxford and around the UK. If you would like to view more courses and training we have on offer then please visit the services page for more details
We are able to offer a SecurityConsultancy Service for security companies, any business who currently use security personnel or any business looking to implement security personnel.
Health & Safety
Our Health and SafetyConsultancy Service is available to any business looking for help and advice with regards to any aspect of health and safety procedures in the work place. Contact us now!
We offer Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Service in Oxford and around the UK. If you would like us to test all your electrical equipment then please contact us for more information.
What do APHIS Training & Services offer?
At APHIS Training & Services we offer a range of comprehensive and fully certified training courses for the Security and Public Sectors in which candidates can come to our training centre or we can come to your business to teach. The Directors have worked within the Security, Retail with our door supervision courses, Leisure and Hospitality Industries for over 20 years combined and therefore have the knowledge, experience and expertise which is passed on through our courses to enable our clients obtain the very best from our training. We also offer a consultancy service for Security and Health & Safety.
Training you can trust
• Get your results fast!
• High Pass Rate
• One of the most enjoyable training programmes in the UK
• Receive the most up to date training
• Learn new techniques with our experienced instructors within your specific field
• Turn techniques into skills with realistic and industry specific scenarios together with role-plays which enhances confidence in your job role
• Great aftercare; we won’t forget about you once the course has finished. We can assist with applications, job hunting, career advice and follow up at no extra cost to increase your confidence
• Tailor our courses to the specific industry requirements
• On completion of a Door Supervisor training or Physical Intervention training courses candidates will have insurance with us for 12 months in which they can come back as many times as they wish on any other Physical Intervention course for free
• Physical Intervention techniques have been independently risk assessed by the Institute of conflict management and is endorsed by Skills for Security.
We provide courses to people develop the knowledge and gain qualifications in Security Training, First Aid Training and Health & Safety Training in Oxford and around the UK.
All of our trainers call upon their previous experiences relating to the course they are teaching, enabling them to pass on transferable knowledge and skills, which allows candidates to effectively put theory into practise when having to deal with real life situations. This fully prepares candidates to enter or continue in their industry of choice.
Our mission is to offer recognised training courses to the highest standard, for a variety of industries including; Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Security.
To become industry leaders in the training of personnel.
The company directors have over 20 years combined experience in the security industry within the following sectors:
• Night Club/Public House
• Student Union/University Events
• Stadium including Wembley, Twickenham, Old Trafford & Oxford Kassam
• Festivals including Glastonbury, Isle of Wight, Reading, Leeds, V Festival and T in the Park
• Pitt Security
All the above sectors have included job roles from static security to the running of and inclusion of response teams.
The company Directors have worked within the Public Sector for many years including:
• Leisure Management
• Retail Management
• Hospitality Management
• Public House Management
• Personal Training
• Sports Coaching
The company directors have also gained experience and the following qualifications:
• BA Hons Sports Science & Coaching
• BA Hons Retail & Business Management
• Level 2 Award in Door Supervision
• PTLLS (Prepaing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector)
• 1886 Certificate for deliverers of conflict management training
• Level 3 Physical Intervention Course for security personnel and NHS
• Level 3 First Aid at Work Trainers Certificate
• Level 3 Automated External Defribrillator Trainers Certificate
• Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
• Health & Safety Level 3 Certificate
• Fire Safety Level 1 & 2 Trainers Certificate
• Manual Handling Level 2 Trainers Certificate
• Conflict Resolution Trainers Certificate
• Physical Intervention Level 4 Certificate
• Physical Intervention Level 5 using Mechanical Restraints Certificate
• FAW (First Aid at Work)
• Martial Arts Instruction
Health & Safety Training Courses
The Health and Safety Courses have been developed to ensure that employees are equipped with a knowledge of health and safety in their workplace, including the duties under UK health and safety legislation.
The Level 1 is aimed at all staff, whereas, the Level 2 is designed for supervisors.
First Aid at Work (Level 3)
We offer First Aid at Work Courses, which are very useful to undertake. It ensures good training on a personal level and within the workplace and covers the legal requirements for appointed person for first aid on site.
Emergency First Aid at Work (Level 2)
The Emergency First Aid at Work Course is a one day course and is accredited by the HSE looking at minor injuries and the unconcious casualty.
Fire Safety Course
The Fire Safety Course is designed for those wanting to become a fire marshal in the work place by identifying fire risks creating fire plans etc. Two Courses are available Fire Safety Level 1 & Level 2.
Safe Moving & Lifting
The Safe Moving & Lifting provides an effective means of ensuring that employees are aware of their responsibilities and have understood the principles of the safe moving and lifting of people/loads.
Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)
The law requires alcohol sales on licensed premises to be made or authorised by a personal licence holder. Individuals applying for a personal licence must hold an accredited licensing qualification such as the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH).
Certified Conflict Management Course
A Certified Conflict Management Course is also available, and is ideal for anyone who deals with the public on a regular basis. This teaches how to defuse a number of conflict situations using the most efficient techniques tailored to your particular industry. This can also include breakaway techniques from the physical intervention course.
Door Supervision (Level Two) Certificate
The Door Supervisor Level Two Certificate is for anyone for whom it would be considered a necessity or, for anyone who is looking to enter an ever expanding industry. This includes the physical intervention course which is now a compulsary element in order to obtain a license.
Upskilling Door Supervisors
In March 2012 the SIA announced the intention to require existing Door Supervisors who had achieved the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualification (for example the National Certificate for Door Supervision) to undertake additional training in order to renew their licence.
The new qualification run over 1 day, and comprises of two mandatory units; Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors and Physical Intervention
The CCTV (Level 2)
The CCTV Level 2 course is based on the SIA ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for CCTV Control Room Operators (PSS)’ and provides the required skills and knowledge for those who wish to gain an SIA CCTV licence and work as a CCTV Operative.
Basic and Advanced Physical Intervention.
The Basic & Advanced Physical Intervention Courses is designed for security & NHS personnel and includes breakaway and extraction techniques which have been approved by Skills for Security & the Institute of Conflict Management.