Bela Electronics Design Ltd
Here at Bela Electronics, we operate the Europlacer iineo1 surface mount platform offering an extended feeder capacity of 240 and a placement speed of 13,000 components per hour. We provide competitive surface mount solutions for all medium to high volume assembly requirements. The iineo is also ideal for prototypes, NPI and small batch builds.
The addition of our DEK Horizon 03i screen printer has improved our process capability in the manufacture of all the latest SMT technologies by creating a precise and repeatable pasting process.
We provide a complete procurement and kit preparation service to manage all your material requirements. All components, PCBs, hardware and tooling fixture requirements are supported by our fantastic supplier partnerships. We triple source all components to guarantee a reliable supply route, regardless of market conditions. Our Caliach MRP/ERP system is our sourcing database, stock control system and monitors our supplier’s performance.
We provide a seamless procurement service and the right solution to your requirements including:
- Global sourcing / strategic partnerships with major and bespoke suppliers
- Purchasing agreements, buffer stocks and Kanban
- Incoming material inspection and quality control
- Bar-coded material control and 100% traceability back to source.
- Static and moisture control
- FIFO inventory control
Our Q-Pulse managed quality control system drives our traceable manufacturing process and ensures repeatability. We work as standard to IPC-A-610E (Lead-Free) with leaded processing treated as a controlled exception. Our ingenious NPI (New Product Introduction) quality control process is the groundwork required to introduce your product correctly into our systems before you have received your first full production batch.
All new products go through the “sign-off” process of NPI including:
- All drawing and parts list verified and documentation completed
- Full engineering and process control support
- A representative sample produced in a dedicated “virtual manufacturing environment”
- Customer review, comment and sign-off
- Process review and documentation finalised prior to full batch manufacture
There is no compromise position as all products are 100 percent inspected. This includes:
- Components inspected and checked off against work instructions prior to start
- First off “Golden Board” sign-off at every production operation
- AOI final inspection prior to shipment
- Final visual inspection in packing
Our Blakell LS 5000 light guided assembly workstation provides reliable and maintained repeatability and accuracy. Our dedicated hand assembly team are fully trained enabling us to provide a hand soldering process for both leaded and lead free solutions from single components to full board assembly. All conventional assembly benches are fitted with personal fume extraction systems and constant monitoring devices for static awareness.
Our innovative test department has the test facilities and the equipment to carry out full or partial testing on all manufactured products. Our highly trained test and repair staff have extensive experience in designing and building a variety of bespoke test boxes, to meet your individual requirements, quickly and efficiently. Our fully embedded functional test facilities enable us to design and manufacture test jigs and simulation platforms. We test and calibrate assemblies to supply fully tested and functional PCB or complete assemblies.
With over 30 years of experience in the business, BELA Electronic Designs have become very well known in the design and manufacturing sectors. Based in Kempston, we offer a vast range of flexible manufacturing processes and technical expertise for both new and existing customers to meet their electronic product requirements.