Chas D Allflatt Ltd
Chas D Allflatt Ltd is a family run building contractors which began in the 1800’s specialising in general building maintenance. The company has since evolved into a successful modern enterprise, undertaking contracts all over the country and employing a large network of highly skilled tradesmen.
Our range of services includes new builds; both domestic and commercial, office re-fits, maintenance and re-grading, renovation and restoration for insurance claims and refurbishment of historic buildings.
We pride ourselves on our comprehensive level of customer service and quality of work.
Contact us today: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01553 772260
During the early part of the nineteenth century, Charles Allflatt and his brother became “journeymen” working in the building industry as bricklayers and tilers. His sons Robert and Charles followed him into the industry.
Under the leadership of Charles the business expanded and began to undertake all different aspects of the building industry. The organisation of Building Contractors, as we know today, has its origins at about this time.
As the business developed and grew, Charles needed premises from which to operate. He took over the tenancy of the current builder’s yard in South Everard Street, towards the end of the 1800′s. He was joined by his son, also known as Charles, in the building business.
Charles (the son) had qualified as a Sanitary Engineer in early 1900 before joining his father in the building trade until his death in 1943.The years before the First World War saw Charles (the son) undertake some major construction works, including the innovative use of concrete in water storage towers. The intervening years between World War I and World War II saw areas of King’s Lynn developed to accommodate rising population in the area. From 1928 Charles’ son Keeble established an architectural practice in Kings Lynn and the family firm of Allflatt’s constructed many of his architectural commissions. Following the end of World War II between 1947 and 1951, Keeble set about rebuilding the business which had been decimated by the war years. He gave up the architectural practice in favour of the building business.
The present company was incorporated as a limited company in 1952.