Copper Alloys Ltd
QUALITY IS CRITICAL
Manufacturing to Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance ISO 9001:2008 AS 9100, quality is critical to Copper Alloy's success.
Metallurgical engineering for critical and extreme environments
Working with engineers across the world creating non-ferrous solutions for highly technical applications, Copper Alloys Limited is a custom producer of specific Wrought, Continuous Cast, Chill Cast, and Sand Cast non-ferrous materials.
Typical materials include:
- Aluminium [Large forgings only]
- Aluminium Bronze
- Gun Metal
- Leaded Bronze
- Alloy 400
- Alloy K-500
- Phosphor Bronze
Typical formats include:
- Forgings (Discs, Rings, Blocks, Bars)
- Plate & Sheet
- Castings (Tubes, Rods, Sections)
- Large Chill Cast rod up to 810mm dia.
Copper Alloys manufactures to order over 140 different copper-based and nickel-based metals and also produces finished machined components to drawing with its dedicated machine shop.
- Extensive Petrochemical Industry Experience
Requirement not listed? Call the Copper Alloys Technical Team on 0044 (0) 1782 816 888.
Save money, time and effort: Outsource your R&D
Rounds, Flats, Square, Triangle, Big Hex, D-shape, L-shape
- Aluminium Bronze
- Nickel-Aluminium Bronze
- Phosphor Bronze
- Leaded Bronze
- Silicon Bronze
- Zirconium (Zr)
- Magnesium (Mg)
Copper Alloys operates a fully integrated supply programme from which it's customers can pick and choose the support level they need.
Support Level 1 - Raw Materials
- Nickel-based alloys - Monel and Inconel
- Copper-based alloys - any Bronze and Copper-Nickel
- Exotic Steels
- Hot/Cold Forging - GFM, Press Forging and Hand Forging
- Heat Treatment
- Drawing and Extruding
- Cold Forming
- Continuous casting
- Sand casting
Custom sections Support Level 2 - Proof and finished machined components The key to a high integrity component is the material from which it is manufactured, so it is important that the same level of integrity is continued throughout the production process. Copper Alloys has a number of automated CNCs and manufactures components to print, in any of the materials from Level 1, the more complex and critical, the better. Remove the risk of a loss in integrity and let Copper Alloys supply components, packed and fully certified. Support Level 3 - Project Management Copper Alloys has the technical competencies and quality management systems to manage the production and supply of whole engineering projects.
Supporting engineering on a global scale, working with Copper Alloys to Support level 3 will yield the following benefits:
- Effective risk management by delivering on time and in full
- Guaranteed integrity of components and systems
- Continuous metallurgical improvement
- Reduced costs through outsourcing the supply of complex projects
- Mechanical Testing
- Fracture Toughness & Fatigue Testing
- Chemical Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Metallographic & Hardness testing
- X-Ray Testing
- Corrosion Testing
Making products to drawings and much more
Drawings: we are happy to manufacture specifically to drawings, providing you with the completed finished product.
Quality Assurance is the number one priority at Copper Alloys
From our casting of billets and slabs, we can offer semi-manufactured wrought products and fully finished components in non-ferrous alloys, particularly to aluminium bronze and cupro nickel specifications.
We can convert the cast structure of our billets and slabs through thermo-mechanical working operations, to produce wrought products. There are a huge number of different processing operations, such as forging, rolling and extruding. We can after hot working an alloy, manipulate the final microstructure and mechanical properties through heat treatment, optimising the alloy for a particular application. Our wrought products are superior to cast products. They are characterised as having:
- Higher strength and impact toughness
- Greater soundness and integrity
- Fine grain structure leading to better corrosion performance
- Fine grain structure allowing detailed ultrasonic inspection rather than expensive radiography
- Grain flow giving directional properties that can be used by designers to their advantage
We manufacture an entire range of wrought copper alloy products, in all the major alloys, using a variety of mechanical working operations as follows:
- Forging (press / hammer / GFM) - bars, stepped shafts, discs, boss forging's, flanges, blocks, rings, precision rotary forged bars.
- Extrusion - rods and bars, round, square, flat, profiles.
- Hand rolling - rods and bars, round, square, flat, profiles.
- Hot Rolling - Plates and sheets
We can complement these operations with down-steam cold drawing, heat treatment, grinding, peeling and machining operations (conventional and CNC). We are able therefore to offer semi-finished wrought products, or supply finished components.
Our capacity in terms of maximum component weight continues to grow as we invest in our casting facility in Stoke.
|Trade Name||UNS||British||Yield Strength (0.2% offset)||Tensile Strength||Elongation (%)|
|Ni400||N04400||BS 3076 NA13||35,000||240||80,000||550||40|
|NiK500||N05500||BS 3076 NA18||100,000||130,000||45-20|
All of these alloys present significant advantages in terms of marine corrosion resistance and are created by Copper Alloys Limited, further benefits are as follows:
- Stronger than steel
- Resistant to corrosion
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Highly resistant to alkalis
- Inexpensive compared to similar alloys
- Can be welded, brazed and soldered
Specifically to their customer’s bespoke requirements, Copper Alloys works in partnership with members of the industry to tailor Nickel Alloys according to the distinct applications in all types of marine industries, such as:
- Naval Marine
- Oil and Gas
- General Sub-sea
Copper Alloys now have an extensive range of Forged materials available for the Engineer from our traditional suits of Copper-based Alloys and Nickel-Copper Alloys (Alloy K-500 & Alloy 400) to high-spec Nickel Based Alloys (such as Alloy 718, Alloy 625 and Alloy 825), Titanium, Duplex Steels and specialist Engineering Steels. These alloys are available as a variety of forged shapes including Bars, Rings and Complex shapes.
Our experienced and dedicated team have a vast experience and working knowledge within the specialist metals industry to meet your requirements.
Copper Alloys has the technical competencies and quality systems to manage the production and supply of complete engineering projects.
The material selection and development team at Copper Alloys is always searching for the next opportunity to apply its unique knowledge to meet new metallurgical challenges. Some recent work includes projects involving:
- Lead-free bearing development
- Highly abrasive environments
- Heat transfer applications
- Defence engineering
- Petrochemical extraction and process engineering