COVAC are the Sole UK Supplier and Approved Applicator for 3M Scotchkote™ 165PW which has been specifically formulated for water tank coating and relining. We are the industry leaders in providing long-term protective solutions to combat the problem of corrosion and erosion of water storage tanks utilising the very best high performance, solvent free technology. Whether you need a water tank repair, water tank refurbishment, or a water tank coating, COVAC can help you out! Click here to find out why you should use our supply/application service.
What We Do
We specialise in water tank repair and water tank refurbishment. Regardless of size, location or type of water storage tank or structure, COVAC will provide a safe, long-term solution for water retaining structures such as:
- Sectional steel water storage tanks.
- Flat, steel, galvanised water storage tanks.
- Concrete water storage tanks.
- Stainless steel water storage tanks.
- Water storage reservoirs.
- Cooling towers.
- Plastic water storage tanks.
- GRP water storage tanks.
- Replacement water storage tanks.
- Air handler units.
- Secondary containment (bunds).
COVAC are the sole UK Supplier and Approved Applicator for 3M Scotchkote 165PW (previously known as COPON Hycote 165PW) and are the industry leaders in providing long-term protective solutions to combat the problem of corrosion and erosion of water retaining structures, utilising the very best in high performance, solvent free coating technology, 3M Scotchkote™ 165PW. Consequently, we have been instrumental in assisting many high profile clients to meet the ultimate goal of supplying consistently fresh, high quality, potable and drinking water. We don't just provide water tank repair, we provide a long term solution for the structure of your tank.
3M Scotchkote 165PW (formerly known as COPON Hycote 165 PW) offers numerous economic, technical and environmental features and benefits, some of which are highlighted below.
- WRAS / DWI Approved
- Solvent Free Technology
- Extremely Fast Curing Times, even at low temperatures
- High degree of flexibility, capable of accommodating structural movement
- Superb adhesion to steel, concrete, glass reinforced plastic (GRP) and many other substrates.
- High levels of impact and chemical resistance.
- Reduced downtime of storage tanks and process vessels
- Long life performance with minimal maintenance
- Easy clean, ceramic tile-like finish
- Application by brush / roller or plural component spray equipment
- Excellent track record for applications such as drinking and potable water tanks, cooling towers, air handling units, reservoirs etc.
Most engineers who replace their steel water storage tanks for brand new Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) water storage tanks believe that this is the ‘ultimate’ solution. Unfortunately, having now repaired and relined literally hundreds of GRP water storage tanks, we know this not to be the case. COVAC are constantly asked to carry out water tank repair and reline GRP water storage tanks, some of which are only months old. This is because the problem faced by all engineers who are responsible for the maintenance of GRP tanks is that even with regular cleaning and chlorination, bacteria such as micro-aquatic organisms will continue to multiply as they are protected in the habitat provided by air filled cavities and fine cracks that often cannot be seen with the naked eye. These cavities and cracks in the internal substrate allow bacteria to nest and proliferate.