Designed and built in the UK the DCB Automation range of Automatic Optical Inspection systems provide highly cost effective solutions for inspection in many application areas Recognised as the leading single camera solution available today with fully updated algorithms to enable improved lifted leg detection, extensive 1st off (first article) support and enhanced model library for easy programming.
The result is a reduction in false calls whilst also eliminating escapes in a system that can be rapidly programmed whilst offering great flexibility. This capability makes the systems especially suitable for Low-Medium volume environments with a High Product mix.
Delivering Industry leading results in its price range UltraVision provides the complete desktop Automatic Optical Inspection Solution for the Electronics Production Industry. Features include:
• Capability down to 01005 (0.3mm pitch) as standard
• Full solder Inspection with colour imaging
• Simple rapid programming using model libraries and pre-configured package structure
• Large board capacity
• True desktop system with optional stand
• Delivered, as standard, with Laser Co-Planarity, Bar code reading, 1st off inspection, Comparator mode, THT capability, off-line re-work/programming software, training package and life-time telephone support.
Using the same software package as its big brother EasyVision provides a low cost solution to AOI. Designed for entry level capability, with the option to build on the system as demand dictates the system provides a perfect introduction to AOI for small business, or as a partner for larger systems to help with product development.
The system features include:
- True desktop system, can be provide with its own stand if required
- Choice of camera resolution
- Full solder Inspection capability, 1st off Inspection and comparator mode (using the same software as UltraVision)
- Optional Laser co-planarity for BGA and lifted leg applications
- Software options including bar Coding, Gerber import etc.
Built on the same platform as UltraVision a conveyor system is available to meet a growing demand for more flexible in-line AOI solutions. All of the inspection features of UltraVision are provided plus:
- SMEMA compatible conveyor system
- Multiple conveyor feed options for both in-line and standalone operation
- Full installation and commissioning included
Programme interchange with desktop systems for total flexibility
An essential tool to help inspect a range of components that are not easily visible, however many cameras may be used.
Looking at BGA height enables the inspector to check that the re-flow process has happened as expected, with the BGA settling to its correct height above the board, and is flat. Such errors as components dropped under a BGA, partial re-flow and many more are clearly indicated by non-co-planarity, thus prompting a more detailed manual inspection using specialised tools
In addition, when the laser is applied to a row of legs on SOIC/QFP etc. height profiles can be established. When applied selectively based on the optical results this ensures minimal speed reduction in inspection whilst ensuring maximum capture of faults like lifted/bent leg whilst reducing false calls that can occur on purely optical systems.
This is a critical inspection task, historically carried out by highly experienced operators using manual techniques, with inherent unreliability even with the best people. DCB Automation provides an automated capability to ensure 100% coverage with fault recording using on-screen images and documentation. With the ability to import parts list, Bill of materials and board layout images the system combines all of the source material needed for this critical task in one package.
It is then easy to take this information and develop an automatic inspection programme for production use.
The core of the Inspection systems is the Vision Software package. With UK based development teams the system can be easily adapted to meet a range of inspection applications, including mechanical assembly, moulding quality, chemical etching, surface finish/defect and many more.
Almost unique today the systems are designed and built here in the UK, so are focused on the needs of many UK customers delivering ideal solutions for medium volume, high product mix environments. With over 14 years’ experience in delivering these systems they have been fine tuned to meet the customer’s needs, being easy to use with rapid programming capability on a multi-function platform.