Disco Drives (King's Lynn) Ltd
http://www.discodrives.co.uk/Disco Drives is a Power Transmission engineering company who have been established since 1965 in King's Lynn. We are specialists in mechanical variable speed drives, in-line and right angle gear boxes, variable speed pulleys and belts. Consequently the precision engineering skills acquired enable us to offer a vast range of Sub-Contract machining services.
ElectroPower Gears are a long established and highly regarded product range which are still available in their original form. We manufacture the product here in the King's Lynn, Norfolk, and supply a full range with short lead times.
Products include:- Single reduction helical-gearbox, Inline double/triple/compound reduction helical-gearbox, Right-angle single/double reduction worm-gearbox and Inline contra-rotating shaft (one shaft within the other, rotating in opposite directions).
We are the sole UK manufacturer of DISCO Variable Speed Drives. As standard we fit our own ElectroPower Gearboxes. We are a responsible reliable team who can answer all questions competently and quickly. We service a wide variety of industries throughout the country including the Food Industry, Power Stations and Water Companies.
The Disco Drive is a well proven variable speed traction drive. One benefit of it’s simple construction is that it is very reasonably priced. All the power transmission parts in the Disco Drive are made at our works in King's Lynn from special steels. They are precision finished and ground to fine limits to ensure high efficiency and long working life.
Our business has been built on our reputation for versatility, quality & reliability. With a wealth of technical skills our sub-contract department produces both one off and mass produced parts, designed specifically for the customer to resell. Production is mainly completed on 3 and 5 axis C.N.C machines.
We offer the following range of services:
- C.N.C. Turning – Various lathes complete with bar feeds (65mm dia) and C axis for milling and drilling.
- Vertical M/c Centre – HAAS VF-3 1016mm x 508mm table.
- Grinding – Various grinding machines capable of grinding 400mm dia and 750mm long shafts. (universal, cylindrical, surface and ring grinders)
- Turning – Various types of lathes e.g. centre, turret and capstan machines.
- Vertical Boring – Machines with up to 48" capacity. Webster Bennett with 2 axis digital readouts.
- Horizontal Borer – 1 metre cube capacity with 3 axis digital readout.
- Milling – Various types of vertical and horizontal machines available with a full range of tooling.
- Broaching – Range of machines with standard metric and inch keyway broaches including square and hexagons.
- Honing – Capable of honing bores up to 50mm diameter.
- Drilling & tapping – Drilling heads available with a full range of drills up to 50mm.
- Sawing – Automatic saws with 10" diameter capacity.
- Assembly – Skilled personnel trained in all types of on-site installations.
Slotting – 150mm stroke.
- Many products are available from stock.
- Same day despatch on orders received before 3pm for stock items.
- Sub-contract machining.
- We repair all makes and sizes of Disco variable speed units using, where necessary, parts from our large stock of components.
- We also repair all makes and sizes of gearboxes. Site installations and plant maintenance is also undertaken.
- Disco Drives manufacture ElectroPower Gearboxes.