EDS Engineering Ltd
We are precision engineering specialists providing personalised and dedicated, high-quality engineering and machining services.
We have 10 state-of-the-art CNC grinding machines enabling us to produce components quicker and in greater quantities. We have over 40 years of experience in CNC grinding, and we manufacture items with high levels of precision.
As experienced precision engineering specialists, we remain at the forefront of ground-breaking design as well as in the accurate manufacture of components.
We provide many services and solutions to the aerospace and defence industries such as CAD file transfer. The aerospace and defence industry accounts for around 50% of EDS' total design and production output and we have been working in this industry for almost 50 years.
To be sure of total accuracy, precision and security for this highly sensitive area, our skilled engineers and toolmakers work closely with clients and suppliers.
As well as CAD file transfer, our specific skills and services for the aerospace and defence industry include:
- 15 offline programming systems
- An ability to work with a wide range of materials
- All these materials, including highly-regulated heat and surface treatments are supplied by accredited suppliers for maximum safety and security
We provide high-quality precision engineering for motorsport. We have been a major supplier to Club Motorsport, National and World Rally Car and Formula One companies for 25 years. We have maintained an excellent reputation in this high-pressured industry, which is deadline-focused and wholly dependent on both quality and reliability for safety and performance.
Our precision engineering for motorsport includes:
- Experience in high-specification aluminium, magnesium, titanium, stainless steel, and other exotic materials
- 20 state-of-the-art CNC machines, allowing for rapid turnaround of complex components
- We have in-house experience and expertise in dealing with all surface treatments, including hand-finishing and polishing of hydraulic components
- Sourcing of appropriate specialists for gun-drilling and honing of precisions hydraulic components
As mould tool specialists, we work in the design and manufacture of new tools and we also modify existing designs.
We work alongside a wide range of industries, such as the pharmaceutical and food packaging sectors.
Our specific mould tool skills and services include:
- Design: in-house CAD facilities, CAD file transfers through email, expertise in design using both single and multi cavity tools, facilities to use hard or soft prototype tools
- Manufacture: 15 offline programming systems, 20 state-of-the-art CNC machines, 10 grinding machines, full and rapid fitting service and repair, 3000 sq ft fitting bay, laser welding
We have specialist expertise in JIG grinding. As well as JIG grinding, our capacity list is extensive.
It includes the following:
- Vertical milling
- CNC milling
- Centre lathe turning
- CNC lathe
- Surface grinding
- Cylindrical grinding
- CAD and data transfer
- Bench fitting
- Mould tryout
For more information regarding our capacity list, please visit our website or contact us.
We are precision engineering specialists. Formed in 1956 to provide jigs and fixtures for local defence and communications industries, our current work force now stands at over 40 employees.
As precision engineering specialists, we strive to provide the highest quality personalised engineering and precision machining services.
In providing precision machining services, we are one of the U's most renowned and relied upon specialists.
Our precision machining services include ground-breaking design and accurate manufacture of components across a range of industries including aerospace and defence, motorsport and mould making.