Fallows Associates Ltd
Wide ranging commercial and board capability. Background in construction and engineering companies of all sizes. Extensive hands-on management and commercial experience.
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting to discuss any current issues you may have, or just to explore any possible future requirements, please get in touch.
More than 40 years working for civil engineering contractors and having extensive and significant hands-on Board level experience – with companies ranging in size from specialist subcontractor to fully quoted plc.
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor, specialising in both contractor company organisation and management and in contractual claims and dispute resolution.
• Operated my own consultancy for more than ten years, offering management, commercial and claims advice and support to contractors and sub-contractors.
• Experienced in working closely with other key players in integrated management teams.
• A proven ability to build, lead and motivate successful teams.
• Effectively improved cash generation and retention in several companies by a combination of tendering skills, commercial strengths and optimisation of resources, whilst retaining client relationships and reputation.
• Extensive hands-on commercial experience utilising different forms of contract, and involving the preparation, submission and negotiation of contractual entitlements and claims, predominantly without recourse to law.
• Extensive track record in the settlement of construction claims and dispute resolution.
• Several years’ experience in establishing and negotiating contractual entitlements, from relatively minor to several million pounds.
• Particularly strong experience in civil engineering, rail and power contracts – especially those involving ICE and NEC forms of contract and sub-contract
I am happy to consider various alternative fee options.
Hourly or daily rate
Most recent projects have been carried out on an hourly or daily rate arrangement, but if you have any other ideas or proposals, feel free to get in touch.
Monthly advice packages
I also offer monthly advice packages – from as little as £150 per month for simple telephone help arrangements.
Other fee arrangements
If you would like to discuss these or any alternative arrangements, or if you just want to ask me a.question, please get in touch:
1. Max Abrahamson:
Endorsed on Linkedin for dispute resolution, construction management, management consultancy and quantity surveying by Max W Abrahamson – international construction lawyer, visiting professor at King’s College, London and world famous author of “Engineering Law and the I.C.E. Contracts”
2. Redhall Group plc:
“We recently appointed Steve Fallows to undertake an independent review of a specialist construction company on our behalf.
His comprehensive report included several incisive observations and recommendations and was completed with both speed and sensitivity. His knowledge and experience, coupled with an ability to relate to staff at all levels meant that he was able to gain a valuable insight into the company’s underlying strengths and weaknesses.
Following his review, Steve was asked to manage the business on an interim basis while the long term plans for its future were resolved and later implemented.
We are currently in discussions concerning a further assignment in another specialist company.”
Chairman & Chief Executive
Redhall Group plc
3. Private Group of Companies:
“Steve Fallows of Fallows Associates carried out a detailed review of one of our subsidiary companies and, at my request, put forward possible options for its future.
His report highlighted several areas where there was scope for change and for improvement. It also detailed specific problem areas and recommended actions that could be taken to improve profitability and cash management. He was later instrumental in helping implement his proposals and in obtaining additional funding from the Company bankers and major shareholder.
I found Steve to be highly professional. He remained calm and focused during several periods of intense pressure whilst at the same time motivating the staff and providing creditors with a raised level of confidence.
He has the skills to improve cash generation by enhancing terms and managing contractual performance through tight controls.”
Group Managing Director