FuturEnergy, acclaimed in the UK and overseas for its popular 1KW wind turbine, has introduced a new 10KW wind turbine, Airforce 10. The turbine employs the most advanced and innovative technology and is currently undergoing MCS accreditation.
The research and development of Airforce 10 has been undertaken by FuturEnergy’s in-house specialist engineering team, at its manufacturing site near Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. Airforce 10 samples the wind direction and speed every second, for optimum performance, is capable of 11.5KW at a wind speed of 10m/s and boasts a uniquely intelligent, electronic control system, electronic breaking, on-board dumploads, mechanical disk-braking and many more innovations.
FuturEnergy’s 1KW wind turbine has proved extremely versatile for installation in the UK and overseas: it is particularly popular in rural, off-grid locations and is frequently used in conjunction with solar technology.
Wind Turbines by FutureEnergy. Renewable Energy, Domestic Wind Turbines and Home Wind Turbines.
The best 10 kilowatt wind turbine in its class.
Designed and manufactured by FuturEnergy in Warwickshire, UK
Main Features :
- 32 Pole Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Generator
- Power Output : 11.5 Kw at a windspeed of 10 m/s, 13.3 Kw at a windspeed of 12 m/s
- 8 Metre Rotor
- Active Driven Yaw (Vertical Rotation)
- On-board ultrasonic wind direction and speed sensor with no moving parts.
- On-board UPS ensures full control facility in the event of Grid Failure. (Up to one week)
- All metal parts are specially treated to prevent long-life weather corrosion
Control and Runaway Prevention :
Electronic Braking with On-board Dumploads
Mechanical Fail-Safe disk-braking which will stop the turbine for maintenance
Vibration, heat and over-voltage sensors with auto shutdown
Extreme wind shutdown positions the turbine at 90 degrees to the prevailing wind and will remain there at controlled variable headings until the wind drops below the danger threshold
Fully-featured electronic control system, developed entirely in-house and unique to Futurenergy, which is housed in the Nacelle and remains live if all cables from the turbine are damaged or even severed.
Samples wind direction and speed every second to calculate optimum turbine heading....plus :
- Constant self diagnostics of Control Circuitry
- SD Card Data Logger for detailed analysis of power output over time with totals
- RS 232 Output for Computer Monitoring
Our ‘rugged’ Upwind Turbine range is based on 2 years of real-life testing and development in Warwickshire and the Uplands of Scotland.
Using our unique Permanent Magnet Generators, combined with our Hi-Spec Wind Turbine Blade Sets, these furling turbines create very useful power in low wind conditions, and over 1000W in winds of 12.5m/s.
Available in 12V, 24V & 48V DC versions, they are suitable for battery charging, water/air heating and Grid-Tie installations.
- Mechanically furling tail fin for high wind protection
- Unique high-spec Permanent Magnet Generator
- 5 top-grade glass filled nylon turbine blades
- Sealed bearings in mast-mounting shaft
- 60 Amp rated slip-ring prevents cable-twisting
- Aerodynamic profile design
- Patented anti-vibration locking washers
- Rugged and simple, with a minimum of parts and simplicity of design
- Zinc-plated and Stainless Steel with powder-coated and anodised aluminium for optimal corrosion and weather resistance
- Manufactured in the UK
- Nominal Power Output - 1000W (600W / 12v Version)
- Start-Up Wind Speed - 2.5m/s
- Cut-In Wind Speed - 3.2m/s
- Rated Wind Speed - 12.5m/s
- Survival Wind Speed - 50m/s
- Rotor Diameter - 1.8m
- Number of Blades - 5
- Generator Type - 3-Phase Perm Magnet (this is rectified to DC
- inside the turbine, giving a 2-wire DC output)
- Weight - 22Kgs
- Suitable Tower Diameter - 50mm
- Noise: LAeq 35dB @ 5m/s @ 5m behind rotor
- Noise: LAeq 54dB @ 7m/s @ 5m behind rotor
- ROHS compliant