Genesis Composites Ltd
As a fibreglass manufacturer our aim at Genesis is to help our customers develop GRP mouldings and products in GRP which are cost effective and well matched to their needs.
Often this has led us to tackle projects which our competitors avoid, and our innovative use of GRP has helped us develop continually.
With many fibreglass manufacturer companies involved in GRP, our prospective customers need to know that by choosing Genesis they will find a fibreglass manufacturer and GRP mouldings supplier who is committed to supplying them with a quality service representing good value. There are many ways that we feel that we can demonstrate this:
We have a good track record going back to 1995 when the company was formed.
We have an impressive customer base who have placed contracts with us for many years.
We have a proven track record in undertaking simple and complex projects.
We have good testimonials from our customers
Our commitment to our existing and prospective clients is to provide an honest and complete service, and be prepared to say when we don’t have the best GRP mouldings solution for you.
We prefer to foster long term relationships with our customers We employ people who share our objectives and are continually trained to help them reach their true potential
GR stands for Glass Reinforced Plastic commonly known as fibreglass. In the USA they often refer to it as FRP or Fibre Reinforced Plastic.
In a nutshell it is a product made with a thermosetting resin and strengthened by the inclusion of glass as a reinforcement.
There are many types of resin system available to cope with particular applications and of course different grades of glass reinforcement.
As a help to show why GRP may be used, we have shown a number of features of GRP and the benefits this can produce.
We have even coated GRP with real stone chippings to simulate concrete.
GRP has been around for many decades and there are lots of examples of panels which have been in service for 25 years or more. There is no reason to believe that GRP will not have a service life as long as concrete.
- Rot proof. GRP is suitable for prolonged immersion in water or effluent. Because it does not rot it will give many years of low maintenance service. Example launder channels in sewerage treatment works.
- Non-porous. GRP produces a layer which is not porous. This means that a product coated with it will not leak. Concrete bunds can be coated with GRP to ensure that any spillages of liquid are safely contained within the bund.
- Lightweight. Careful design means that stiff lightweight structures can be produced with much lower weight than alternatives in steel or concrete. GRP makes excellent tank covers.
- Easily formable. Simple moulds can be made to produce complete one piece shapes. This reduces the requirement for fixings and joints. GRP is often used to make one piece equipment cabinets.
- Simple tooling. For low volumes or one off products, it is often possible to make simple tooling. This means that lead times are short.
- Easily machined. GRP can be cut and drilled using standard hand held tools which makes it easy to work with.
- Easily repaired. In the event of a GRP product getting damaged in service, it is usually cheap and simple to repair.
- Variety of finishes. GRP can be finished in many ways. The finish can be smooth gloss, smooth matt, and any colour you like. If you would like a textured finish this can also be achieved.
Genesis can supply cabinets to suit most applications. They can be supplied with lighting, heating and extraction to suit the customer’s requirements.
We manufacture kiosks to our customer’s requirements. These can be in a colour or a finish to suit our customer’s needs. Kiosks are often supplied in panel form for erection on site. This can all be done by Genesis.
If you have worn or damaged steps, Genesis can make them safe and non-slip.
This is done by applying a hardwearing fibreglass coating to them.
We would normally only undertake this work in and around Fife. To see a sample please give us a call.
Garden ponds are very popular and of course there are a variety of pond liners available. Some systems are more durable than others.
Fibreglass is particularly strong and long lasting and has the advantage of being reparable or alterable in the future. The colour of the liner can be to your requirements. Special resins are used which are suitable for the fish.
We would normally only undertake this work in and around Fife. Please given us a call and we can come to discuss your requirements in detail.
Genesis can advise on the repair and relining of tanks. This is usually very economical when compared with the cost of new tanks. GRP can be applied to most tank surfaces given proper preparations.
Correct material selection ensures long life even when aggressive liquids are being stored.