Halifax Rack and Screw Cutting Co Ltd
Precision gear racks have longer in service lives, smoother performance characteristics and more accurate pitch control than other machining techniques.
HRS can machine in straight gears, spur and helical gears with tooth forms up to 45 degrees, with a 450 mm / 17.75 inch face width and height and up to 12metres / 40 foot long.
HRS utilises specialist dedicated CNC rack cutting machines to ensure highest accuracy up to AGMA class 10 spacing tolerances.
HRS manufactures all types of screws, using performance guaranteed materials and offer unique solutions to power transmission problems.
All screws are cut from performance guaranteed materials.
All screws are subject to stringent quality controls.
All screws are cut rather than rolled resulting in:
- Greater accuracy.
- A greater precision fit with mating nuts.
- The thread is concentric with major diameter.
Superior control of cumulative pitch accuracy.
With a wide range of modern CNC machines and a highly skilled workforce HRS can manufacture virtually any nut configuration to exactly match any screw produced working in Steel, Bronze, Plastic or Exotic alloy.
HRS can manufacture high tolerance and safety critical parts where quality and specification compliance is essential.
Our raw material stocking program allows for many benefits to our customers including:
- With the ever-increasing cost of steel, we have been able to achieve real savings for our customers by negotiating fixed price annual contracts with steel suppliers to ensure a peace of mind for the purchase department.
- Fast delivery times
- Quick turn rounds on prototypes.
The increasing demand by customers to reduce cost has lead HRS to focus on continuous improvement programs. We have worked with several customers on design and best methods to give year on year reductions.
- Outsourcing of associated products to provide a one-stop shop fulfilling all customer requirements.
- Networked warehousing facilities – North America only.
- Manufacturing to UK, USA and European sizes and standards.
- Stock of standard size racks and screws are held for immediate delivery.
Sales, quality control and technical support ensuring that all products meet our customer’s requirements and expectations.