Established in 2007, IPB Mechanical Testing is a subsidiary of Induction Pipe Bending UK Ltd.
Our 14,000 sq. ft. UKAS approved test facility is equipped for a range of operations including mechanical testing, metallographic analysis, corrosion testing and chemical analysis.
- We offer tensile testing from 0.25kN to 500kN to ASTM and ISO standards.
- Charpy impact testing is also available to ASTM and ISO standards from ambient temperature to -196° C, with Izod testing to BS standard available at ambient temperature.
- Vickers, Brinell and Rockwell hardness testing can be provided. Ferrite content to ASTM E562 and grain size to ASTM E112 are offered along with corrosion testing to ASTM G48 & G28 Method A, plus ASTM A262 Practice C & E.
- Weld Procedure and Welder Qualification testing can be completed to BS EN 15614, ISO 9606, ASME IX, AWS D1.1 as well as client specifications.
IPB Non Destructive Testing effectively compliments the mechanical testing business by providing the option of NDE services as and when required. Our technicians are well versed in many aspects of NDE across a varied range of materials and are qualified to PCN requirements at Level II / III with company procedures being externally verified to Level III by The Welding Institute. We offer NDE as an in-house provision within a dedicated 6,000 sq. ft. are of our premises but also service
To complement our weld testing we include:
- Liquid penetrant examination
- Magnetic particle inspection in both standard & fluorescent formats
- Ultrasonic lamination & shearwave surveys
- Radiography is also available as a sub-contracted option