KV Steel Services Ltd
EN24 steel is also known as 817M40. It is an equivalent to SAE (AISI) 4340 and 34CrNiMo6, Werkstoff No.1.6582. EN24 steel is our most popular and versatile grade of through-hardening alloy steel. It is readily machinable in the "T" condition, available in black or bright finish, as round, square and flat bar, supplied in bar lengths or cut blanks. EN24 steel is suitable for the manufacture of gears, shafts and other components. It is commonly specified where good tensile and impact properties are important.
EN8 steel (080M40) is usually supplied untreated but it can be supplied to order in finally heat treated or normalized properties for sections up to 63mm.
EN8 is a widely used grade of through-hardening medium carbon steel. It is readily machinable and is suitable for manufacturing parts such as general purpose axles, studs, bolts and gears. EN8 steel can be further hardened to produce harder-wearing components.
We recommend that larger sizes of EN8 steel are supplied untreated and that any heat treatment is carried out after stock removal to achieve better mechanical properties.
EN1A steel (230M07 /11SMn30) is the standard grade of low carbon - manganese free-cutting steel. EN1A is ideal for manufacturing repetition turned components, for example bolts, nuts, studs and hydraulic fittings.
EN1A steel is ideal where intricate machining and drilling operations are involved. It can be case hardened to produce harder wearing components. It can also be supplied with a lead content to further enhance machinability.
If you are looking for quality steel stockholders we will provide the service you need.
- Very rapid response
- Breakdown? While you wait service available
- All material fully certified with chemical and mechanical properties where specified
- Can be hard stamped with manufacturer's cast number if required
Your time is precious, so use our expertise to locate the following:
- Black bars
- Bright bars
- Carbon and alloy grades
- Tool steel
- Cut pieces, including custom size blocks
- Sections and plates
- Flame cut profiles
- Stainless steel and non-ferrous
We are specialist steel bar suppliers and also suppliers of other engineering materials.
Trading since 2002, we supply quality metal products to precision engineers nationally, and in particular the West Midlands, including Darlaston, Wednesbury, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Dudley. We supply black and bright steel bar in popular grades from stock, also tubes, sections, plates and profiles in steel and other materials.
As quality steel bar suppliers, we can provide the following:
- Same or next day delivery service using our own transport
- In-house cutting, including hire sawing of customers' own material. We can supply bar blanks and bespoke size blocks on a while-you-wait, or call and collect basis if required
- KV Steel Services' reputation is built on sound principles of quality and service
- We are ISO9001:2008 registered, so you are assured of certified materials, fully traceable to origin, delivered on time