Land Instruments International
SPOT is a new range of non-contact infrared thermometers designed for a wide range of industrial applications.
Combining Ethernet, Modbus TCP, Video, Analog and Alarm Outputs within one device, SPOT makes all these conveniently available to the operator. Pyrometer readings and configuration settings are available on the rear display and remotely via a web browser or through SPOTViewer software.
The SPOT thermometer includes a visual camera (see image). This aids target alignment
Motorized focus - SPOT features both local and remote adjustment..
Flexible design with adapters provide simplified installation and easy replacement of older thermometers.
SPOT is designed to be interchangeable with existing fixed spot pyrometers.
Image: SPOT User Interface - Visual 'live' camera display of moving target
VISIT OUR DEDICATED SPOT WEBSITE @ www.spotthermometer.com TO TRY THE NEW SPOT THERMOMETER USING OUR ONLINE SIMULATOR.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single person installation at sensor location - local display and settings; no need for a second person in the control room Industry standard 4-20mA linear temperature output - in addition to other outputs
- Software - SPOTViewer provides remote graphical display and data logging of multiple SPOT pyrometers
- Password Access - prevents unauthorized tampering
- Durable Sapphire Protection Window - resists scratches, solvents and easily cleaned with a soft or rough cloth
- Modbus TCP - widely used and popular industrial protocol over Ethernet
- Single Sensor Solution - Ideal for use with customer PLC’s or DCS systems; no requirement for a separate processor. Easy to implement in small or large organizations
Land Instruments International
LAND - Supporting the UK industrial community for over 60 years with innovative and reliable products and solutions.
LAND are specialists in the design and manufacture of monitors and analyzers for industrial infrared non-contact temperature measurement, combustion efficiency and environmental pollutant emissions.
INFRARED TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT
Infrared Temperature Measurement is the world leader in the design and application of infrared temperature measurement for industry. Land is known as both innovators and manufacturers of high quality precision radiation thermometers and thermometer systems; Land's position is unrivalled with 60 years experience in temperature measurement. Land products are used extensively in applications as diverse as steel, glass, electronics, mineral processing, power generation, utility and aircraft gas turbines, and a wide range of other industries. Ongoing development creates products for new applications and the continuous improvement of an expanding product range.
Infrared temperature measurement product range includes:
• Fixed, on-line thermometers and systems – for process control and product quality
• Portable infrared thermometers – for spot measurements
• Process thermal imagers – for asset management and process control
• High Resolution, infrared scanners for fast moving materials
• Calibration Furnaces
COMBUSTION & ENVIRONMENTAL
Our Combustion & Environmental section specialises in the design, manufacture and marketing of combustion and environmental monitoring instrumentation. Pioneered by an initial interest in the efficiency of coal fired combustion processes, serious development of CO monitors soon established Land Instruments International as world leaders in this field.
Additional expertise was gained with the development of sophisticated plant safety equipment in the form of mill fire detection systems. With the recent increase in environmental concerns, the company has continued to develop and produce a range of high quality environmental gas analysers for monitoring and complying with worldwide legislation. Land are true specialists in their field, constantly innovating to provide instruments and systems with the highest performance and reliability. Most LAND products for environmental emissions applications carry both European certifications in the form of MCerts and TÜV approval. Our products are designed to meet the requirements of the latest European standards such as EN-12567 parts 1, 2 and 3 plus QAL-1 compliance.
• Combustion efficiency monitors – for industrial boiler efficiency and control
• Stack Gas Emissions Analyzers – to meet environmental regulations in the UK
• Dust and Particulate Monitors – to meet compliance and non-compliance environmental applications
• Portable Gas Analyzers – spot checks of efficiency and pollutant emissions
• Coal fire detection systems – for grinding mills, silos, stockyards and conveyors
• Gas Turbine Blade Temperature Monitors – for preventative maintenance applications
Customer support and sales are handled by LAND offices throughout the world. LAND Distributors and Representatives offer sales and support advice in most countries of the world. Visit our website www.landinst.com for details.
LAND has an extensive sales and support service in the UK. We offer bespoke service and calibration services to all our customers to ensure your equipment operates continuously, reliably and accurately.
LAND is part of the Process & Analytical Instruments Division of AMETEK, Inc., a global supplier of high-end analytical instrumentation, with headquarters in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, USA. www.ametek.com
Arc is a range of General Purpose Thermal Imaging Cameras which are rugged enough to withstand Heavy Industrial Applications, while compact enough for use in R&D and Automation.
A range of gas analysers for monitoring combustion efficiency, pollutant emissions, dust, particulates and fire detection.
Combustion Efficiency Monitors
Stack Gas Emissions Analysers
Dust, Opacity, Particulate and Smoke Monitors
Portable Gas Analysers
Coal Fire Detection Systems
Turbine Blade Temperature Monitoring Systems
The new Lancom 4 is a Portable Gas Analyser for industrial applications. Its compact design ensures ease-of-use on site for combustion efficiency and emissions monitoring measurements in all boiler system and pollutant gas processes.
Building on the success of the Lancom III, the Lancom 4 represents the next generation of portable gas analyser technology. It has the capability to monitor up to 9 different gases, and a total of 17 measurement parameters simultaneously – all in a single box analyser.
The Lancom 4 offers the best accuracy available and also 0.1 ppm measurement resolution. This is achieved by using an advanced sample conditioning system.
LAND has a range of gas analysers suitable for boiler combustion monitoring and control. The close monitoring of oxygen, carbon monoxide and the sulphuric acid dewpoint temperature can help improve combustion efficiency, reduce excess air, reduce energy losses and prevent plant corrosion due to sulphuric acid formation.
LAND has a stack gas emissions analyser suitable for measuring a wide range of pollutant gases. These analysers are for stack emissions monitoring of CO, O2, NO, NO2 and NOx in flue gas, and are ideal for small boilers.
These gas analysers can operate stand-alone or form part of an automated measurement system (AMS) or continuous emissions monitoring system (CEM).
LAND has a range of portable gas analysers for testing, checking and monitoring combustion processes for operating efficiency; and analyzing pollutant gas emissions for environmental compliance.
The range comprises lightweight, simple-to-use portable gas analysers with facilities aimed at a wide range of applications. Up to 9 gas measurements are available on a single analyser. There are a wide range of options available, including a data acquisition system - plus the ability to self-configure the analyzer to exactly meet plant and process requirements.
Fixed Thermal Imaging System for Plant Safety and Cost Control
The use of refractory lined vessels (ladles) to transport molten iron and steel is commonplace in steel plants world-wide. Over time, the refractory condition degrades until it must be re-lined. Traditionally, the timing of these re-lines has been based on previous experience and best practice information from the plant’s Refractory Manager. However, this mechanism can be unreliable and break-outs have occurred, causing severe damage to plant, personnel injuries and lost revenue due to production delays.
“A better method is required to ensure that safety is not compromised.”
Multiple Thermal Imaging Cameras monitor the external shell temperature of ladles as they transfer steel to the continuous casting machines. Each measurement station comprises 1 to 5 cameras mounted to give full coverage of the exterior of a ladle.
The thermal images and temperature data relating to individual ladles are stored, enabling engineers to identify long-term trends and make decisions about the repair and renewal of linings. The integrated image recognition software, using intelligent OCR technology, allows automated long-term trending of all ladles on plant.
- 360° image of ladle sides and base (5 camera system)
- Automatic storage of long term trending data
- Display, control and view measurement information from up to five thermal cameras simultaneously
- Import of ladle ID number permits trending of ladle temperature variations, assisting with the generation of maintenance schedules
- Exchange of information via Ethernet
- Cost savings via maximisation of refractory lining service life.
- Improved safety for plant personnel. Gain confidence in plant safety through an integrated, automatic monitoring system.
- Long Term Trending of surface temperature changes ensures an orderly predictive and preventative maintenance programme – monitor the number of ladle runs per re-line, see the effectiveness of a fresh re-line and maximise efficiency by ensuring correct pre-heat temperature.
- Break-out Prevention. Early warning of developing hotspots, which could lead to molten metal break-out. See hotspots forming, monitor their maximum temperature and rate of change