Market House Books Ltd
Market House Books is an experienced and versatile editorial team working closely with its own keyboarding, data-processing, illustration, picture research, typesetting and book editing service . We can develop your ideas for dictionaries, encyclopaedias, and other reference books in conjunction with a team of professional artists and designers. Our in-house team is backed by an extensive group of academic experts and by a team of specialist consultants.
In addition to compilation and editorial capabilities, we offer a wide range of production and software services. These include:
- Keyboarding Services
- Book Editing
- Page make-up
- Text conversion
- Automatic indexing
- Data manipulation
- Database management
If you have a project that you think we can help you with, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Market House Books has worked with many esteemed publishers over the years -- not just in the United Kingdom, but also in Europe, the United States, the Caribbean, and the Middle East. The following is a list of some of the companies with whom we have worked in the past, many of which we continue to work with now.
- A & C Black
- Bloomsbury Publishing plc
- Cambridge University Press
- Cassell (Orion Publishing Group)
- Helicon Publishing
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Letts Educational
- Osprey Publishing Ltd
- Oxford University Press
- Pan Macmillan
- Penguin Books Ltd
- The Random House Group
- Lidman Production
United States of America
- American Psychological Association
- The Bantam Dell Publishing Group
- Barnes & Noble
- Facts on File, Inc.
- Grolier (Scholastic, Inc.)
- John Wiley & Sons
- Little, Brown and Company (Hachette Book Group)
- Southwestern Company
- St Martin's Press
Rest of World
- Caribbean Educational Publishers
Market House Books have compiled and produced many different publications over the years, with subjects ranging from music to meteorology, computing to quotations, and sexuality to spellings.
We are responsible for some of the most popular and relied-upon reference works in use today. You can find out more about the books we have produced by going to the sub-menu and clicking on your area of interest on our WEBSITE.
A quotations book is a helpful thing. It can provide inspiration and assistance in writing an essay, help you answer quiz questions, or maybe even lighten up that best man's speech. We specialize in more than just quotations, however. We can also help you solve the last clue in that all-important crossword...
Technology is a subject we have been building on book by book for over 30 years. The number of technology titles we have worked on has grown vastly ever since the world launched itself into the never-ending sphere of the Internet.
Science has always been one of our speciality subjects, and as you see will see from following the link, our publications don't just cover the "Big Three" subjects of biology, physics, and chemistry -- they deal with many other fascinating aspects of the scientific world.
Market House Books has worked on an extensive range of reference books in the fields of finance, law, business, economics, and accounting. These books have been written and compiled in a style that makes them perfect not only for professionals in these fields, but also for the general reader. If you are confused by conveyancing, flustered by the FTSE, or mystified by management, it is likely you will find a book here that can help you.
In the area of general reference, we have compiled and produced the following books:
- Collins English Dictionary
- Collins Concise Plus Dictionary
- Collins Desktop Dictionary
- New Hamlyn Encyclopedic World Dictionary
- Macmillan Encyclopedia
- Macmillan Concise Encyclopedia
- Macmillan Compact Encyclopedia
- Random House New Universal Family Encyclopedia
- Six-Volume Larousse Encyclopedia
- The Learning Companion (Southwestern)
- Pocket Tables: An Everyday Reference (Barnes & Noble)
- BCA Collins Encyclopedia (10 vols.)
- Oxford Concise Encyclopedia
- Oxford Paperback Encyclopedia
- Worldwide Encyclopedia
- Choose Your Baby's Name (Penguin)
- Perfect Readings for Weddings (Random House)
- The Illustrated Children's Dictionary (Octopus)
- Mr Men Picture Dictionary (Thurman Publishing)
Our books include collections of biographies of some of the world's most influential and fascinating people. These range from physicists to presidents, noblemen to Nobel prize-winners, actors to artists, but all have one thing in common -- they earned a place in history.
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Scientists (Facts on File; Chambers; IOP Publishing)
- Lives of the Stuart Age (Osprey; Barnes & Noble)
- Lives of the Georgian Age (Osprey; Barnes & Noble)
- 1000 Great Lives (Robinson)
- Who's Who in the 20th Century (Oxford University Press)
- Grolier Library of Science Biographies
- Grolier Library of Women's Biographies
- Penguin Dictionary of Women's Biographies
- Dictionary of Scientists (Oxford University Press)
Do you need to know how to spell "onomatopoeia"? Perhaps you want to find out what it means? Or has somebody challenged you to find another word in the English language that rhymes with it? We have created books that can answer all these questions for you.
- Penguin Pocket Rhyming Dictionary
- Longman Dictionary of English Idioms
- Bloomsbury Thesaurus
- Hamlyn Pocket Thesaurus of English Words
- Penguin Rhyming Dictionary
- Penguin Pocket Thesaurus
- Penguin English Thesaurus
- Penguin Spelling Dictionary
- Penguin Dictionary of English Synonyms and Antonyms
- Dictionary of Abbreviations (Oxford University Press)
- Hamlyn Pocket English Dictionary
- Barnes & Noble Speller-Divider
- Oxford Compendium of English
- The Language Toolkit (Oxford University Press)
- Brewer's 20th-Century Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (Cassell)
- Macmillan Dictionary of Contemporary Phrase and Fable
Another area of our work is foreign language dictionaries of various kinds. These little books are indispensable to students, travellers, teachers, holidaymakers, and businesspeople around the world. Pourquoi ne pas voir si nous avons un dictionnaire de langue qui pourrait vous aider?
- Penguin Pocket German Dictionary
- Penguin Pocket Italian Dictionary
- Penguin Pocket French Dictionary
- Penguin Pocket Spanish Dictionary
- Multilingual Commercial Dictionary (Facts on File; Colt; Econ)
- Multilingual Computer Dictionary (Facts on File)
- Multilingual Energy Dictionary (Facts on File)
- Multilingual Dictionary of Printing and Publishing (Cassell)