Northern Tool and Gear Co Ltd
Here at NTG, we have been providing gear manufacturing services to a variety of industry sectors. Since 1945, we have been leading the field of high quality gear manufacture and have the capability to produce a wide spectrum of transmission and specialised gear components for use in commercial vehicle, defence, printing, mining, nuclear, food, oil, marine and air compression industries.
We use the latest CNC gear hobbing facility to manufacture spur, helical, crowned and tapered gears up to 1200mm in diameter, 500mm in face width, and 20Mod. We offer internal gear cutting up to 800mm in diameter with a 180 face width and 7Mod. We provide spline hobbing up to 250mm diameter and 1000mm long (longer in certain cases) and worm milling up to 150mm diameter and 750mm long.
Working to ISO 9001:2008, we provide gear finishing services to your requirements. We offer gear grinding up to 1200mm diameter, 22Mod, 1000mm face width and quality DIN 1 with full CNC gear checking.
Other options include:
- Splining Grinding: Up to 600mm long
- Worm/Thread Grinding: Up to 150mm diameter,1000mm long
- Gear Shaving: Up to 300mm diameter
- Spiral Bevel Lapping: Up to 500mm diameter
- External: CNC: Up to 350mm diameter, 1500mm long.
- Internal: Up to 600mm diameter bore, 150mm long.
- Honing: Up to 100mm diameter bore, 100mm long.
- Worm / Thread grinding: Up to 150mm diameter, 750mm long
With a workforce of 60 people, we have an excellent reputation in the manufacture of gearing components. We are experts in CNC turning to meet individual specifications in all industry sectors. Our CNC turning enables us to provide:
- Chucking 650mm diameter
- VTL 1200mm diameter, 500mm long
- Universal 700mm diameter, 1500mm long