Oakrange Engineering Ltd
Our business has been providing technical equipment and onsite calibration to the automotive industry for the past 25 years. We are proud to include amongst our clients Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mercedes Benz, the VW Group and many more.
The "claim and blame" culture is having serious repercussions for dealers, their customers, their employees and the vehicle manufacturers. There is increased policing by the HSE, Trading Standards, the public and product liability insurers.
Our onsite calibration and electrical services are presented as sensible cost effective measures for your compliance and reassurance.
For our part, we are increasing our commitment to training and our work with manufacturers. We have also upgraded our qualification to ISO9001:2008, with accreditation by TÜV, to reflect our increasing work with European manufacturers.
Our work passes through over 2000 independent audits per year, we make no unsubstantiated claims, and we have factual evidence of our performance standards and therefore guarantee our work.
We have always worked at continual improvement for our clients; it is that commitment that ensures we maintain our reputation, and our service standards to you.
This service is provided to give a complete onsite calibration solution. Visits are planned on an annual or bi-annual basis and include the following:
- All tools calibrated to the relevant British Standards and relevant tolerances
- All tools engraved/identified and listed
- Adjustments/repairs carried out Onsite
- Quotations available for repair/replacement tools and equipment
- A comprehensive file supplied containing all the necessary documentation to comply with ISO 9000:2008
- Certification traceable to national standards supplied that day
- Calibration certificates available on our online portal 1 week after visit
- Equipment calibrated by highly trained engineers
- At the end of each visit details of all the work performed will be explained to you
- Automatic notification of next visits two weeks prior to our arrival
- Qualified telephone help service available for advice and assistance on all onsite calibration matters
(Required under the electricity at work Act 1989) fixed wire testing - is the testing of circuits contained within the fabric of your building. This includes the socket outlets, lighting and various other circuits. Our fixed wire testing and inspection service includes:
- Periodic inspection Testing and documentation of all electrical circuits within the building.
- Full certification of your building to IEE Wiring Regulations, 17th Edition.
- Documentation of work presented on IEE standard reports to comply with legislative and insurance requirements.
- All life threatening faults highlighted.
Where premises are recently acquired or facilities expanded, we also provide a survey and reporting service to ensure your operations are not compromised by poor electrical layout. For example, multiple compressors and/or multiple vehicle lifts should be on individual isolators to ensure any fault on any one item does not result in isolating all items.
We will advise according to legislation any improvements, requirements or recommendations which may be required. We will also advise the extent of material and labour involved to carry out such work by local contractors. We do not carry out the work, or otherwise compromise our independent advisory position.
"The abuse of electrical systems etc, and their lack of maintenance are major causes of fire and can also result in death and injury. We would draw your attention to the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 which make requirements to ensure electrical installations and portable electrical appliances are safe in use."
Pat testing : 25% of all electrical accidents involve portable appliances. The Electricity at Work Regulations place a legal responsibility on employers and employees to comply with the provisions of the regulations and take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that no danger results from the use of such equipment. Oakrange provides a regular program of pat testing, and maintenance of your portable equipment.
- All our engineers are independently qualified and certified.
- Our equipment is traceable to national standards with UKAS certification.
- All your equipment is labelled and identified.
- An inventory of all items tested provided for future reference.
- All pat testing is carried out to the frequencies laid down by the HSE
- Minor repairs (plug & fuse replacements) are carried out on-site.
Practical advice is offered for office, workshop and kitchen areas and any other areas that may be open to the public, to ensure management of your risk exposure for your employees, clients and your company.
Norbar TruTorque and Professional Range
"Norbar torque tools you can trust"
- Norbar Torque wrench
- Sizes Available from 1Nm up to 330Nm
- c/w 1/2" ratchet square drive
- Adjustable head sets required torque value
- Break neck to ensure correct torque is applied
- Repair service available for all types of torque wrenches
- 140 PSI/9Bar working scale
- Thick protective viewing glass
- 3 metre hose c/w rubber handle and twin clip on connector
- Robust design with a shock protective rubber en
Air Brake Test Case
"The simple solution to air braking problems"
- 3 x 300PSI/20Bar, 4" industrial gauges.
- 3 x 5 metre black PVC hose rated up to 600 PSI.
- With a M16 x 1.5 test point adaptor fitted to the hose end.
- Tough and durable protective plasticase
- Protective insert for the equipment when in transit
- Ensures compliance with EC braking regulations
Emergency Lighting & Fire/Smoke Alarm Systems are an extremely important part of your installation to ensure that a safe working environment is provided. The system should, if correctly designed, installed and maintained, reduce the possibility of an accident or loss of life in the event of an electrical power loss or outbreak of fire. The requirement is defined in BS 5266/5839. Our service includes:
- All emergency lights and main fire alarm panel tested
- Full log book and guide provided
- Full certification of your system to relevant British Standard
- Re-inspection every 12 months
"The simple solution to air braking problems"
- 300PSI/20Bar, 4" industrial gauges (25% pressure over rating)
- Complete with 5 metre black PVC hose rated up to 600 PSI
- With a M16 x 1.5 test point adaptor fitted to the hose end
- Tough and durable protective rubber cover for the gauge
- A tool for the air brake engineer/recovery vehicle