Power and Generation Services
We are specialists in high voltage training and are an accredited training provider by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. We are focused on providing high voltage training specific to customer requirements within the framework and guidelines of international and national regulations.
As well as on and off-site high voltage training courses, we also provide high voltage ROV and marine HV and Ex equipment training. We operate on a global scale and many of our clients include international oil companies.
We provide training for high voltage safe systems of work tailored toward the individual needs of a company. Opportunities for high voltage safe systems of work training include courses for marine, dive system, drilling, and ROV technicians.
Our courses have a generic content but can be changed to be more specific for the client. Some courses are relevant for operations and maintenance technicians within the gas and oil industry.
Our HV/LV and Ex equipment course is especially for maintenance and operation personnel. The content of the course can be adapted depending on the level of experience of the staff and all candidates who successfully complete the course gain a certificate of attainment.
HV/LV and Ex equipment courses are run at The Underwater Training Centre in Fort William Scotland where accommodation is also made available for the duration of the training course.
- International Marine regulations IEC 20092 and Norwegian marine regulation NEK410
- Electric shock (contact, flash and blast)
- Explanation and demonstration of heart start defibrillator
- Electrical protection for people at work
- Explanation and simple calculation of earth fault
- Generator, bus bar and transformer configuration for marine, sub sea or ROV systems (depending on application and voltage of the systems)
- EExd, EExe, EExn EExi (a and b) EExp
- Requirements for visual, close, and detailed maintenance of electrical equipment explained
- Introduction to permit to work requirements
- Isolation certificates
- Task risk assessments
- Tool box talks