STEM Training [Standards Training in Electronics Manufacture]
“our ethos is to deliver professional, personal, flexible & competitive training programs, as block or individual days, either ‘in-house’ or ‘off site’”
- 3 Years CAA- Heathrow Airport
- Air Traffic Engineer, Nav Aids, Onsite Test & Repair (DME, ILS, IRVR)
- 2 Years British Rail – Electronic Repair Centre, Swindon
- Technical Officer Repair & Modification of HST control modules
- 19 Years - WESSEX TECHNOLOGY GROUP (Formerly Wessex Electronics Ltd)
- Chief Test Technician to Production Manager and Skills Manager
- Design & Manufacture of Military & Commercial. RF & Microwave amplifiers & subsystems (from ‘1 off’ prototypes to medium volume production).
STEM Training is solely owned and run by Paul Pidgeon (CIT–Certified IPC Trainer).
We provide an ON SITE training & consultancy service, for companies who manufacture electronic or electrical products.
all courses are affordable, flexible, enjoyable, personal and professional, and can be delivered as a single block or over an agreed period of time.
- IPC-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies)
- IPC-7711/7721 (Rework, Modification & Repair of Elecrtonic Assemblies)
- IPC WHMA-620 (Requirements & Acceptance of Cable & Wire Harness Assemblies)
- IPC J-STD-001 (Requirements for Soldered Electrical & Electronic Assemblies)
We also deliver bespoke training programs, which include;
- ESD Prevention & Awareness
- ESD Consultation
- Hand soldering skills (with leaded & lead free solder alloys)
- Component rework skills training