Weartech International Ltd
We are one of the world's foremost producers of cobalt- and nickel-based hardfacing and wear-resistant alloys.
We can offer a wide range of hardfacing products and components to many different industries including:
- Oil and gas industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Timber industry
- Power generation industry
- Metal forming industry
- Automotive industry
- Marine valves industry
- Steel mill and galvanising industry
We produce the complete range of industry standard wear-resistant cobalt hardfacing alloys. We often produce custom made alloys as well.
The standard wear-resistant cobalt hardfacing alloys available are:
- Continuous cast rods for TIG and oxy-acetylene welding - diameters from 2.4mm to 10mm
- Densified rods for saw tipping - diameters from 3.2mm to 8mm
- Continuous cast rods for electrode manufacture - diameters from 2.4mm to 5.0mm with strict dimensional tolerances
- Electrodes for manual welding - diameters from 2.5mm to 4.0mm
- Flux cored wire for MIG application - diameters from 1.2mm to 2.4mm
- Solid TIG wire - diameters from 1.2mm to 2.0mm
- Powders for PTA hardfacing - sieve analysis -180/+53 microns
- These alloys conform to AWS A5.21 2001 ERCoCr-A etc
Our foundry uses various casting techniques to produce components for a wide range of industries:
- Solid cast bars
- Investment cast components
- Centrifugally spun castings
- Typical components produced are valve seats and bodies, sink roll bushes, punches, extrusion discs, and many more
In March 2012 Weartech International became part of the Lincoln Electric Group of companies.
Weartech International's cobalt-base components are produced using a wide range of casting methods. The most common of these is the centrifugal casting process which produces particularly dense porosity-free components with a uniform grain structure for increased wear-resistance. We supply components finished to drawing or simply proof-machined if preferred.