William Hook Ltd
Safe Lifting Is No Accident - we reduce the risk
Since 1971, William Hook has served the crane and lifting equipment market by providing services designed to make lifting safer. Customers include operators of mobile, crawler, electric overhead, marine and lorry loader cranes.
Contact us for:
- Thorough examination and testing of cranes, fork trucks and lifting tackle
- Certification of lifting equipment to comply with HSE and MCA Regulations - PUWER & LOLER
- Crane refurbishment and repair
- Contract maintenance and servicing
- Installation and calibration of Rated Capacity Indicators
- Supply of spare parts and lifting tackle
- Crane surveys prior to purchase
- Consultant's Services relating to current regulations and codes of practice, including British Standards
All work is carried out in accordance with quality assurance procedures to the ISO 9001: 2008 standard.
The company has representation on the British Standards crane safety committee, responsible for the preparation and updating of crane safety standards.
Hook Marine Ltd was established in 1999 to develop effective safety equipment for loading hazards associated with crane operations on small vessels.
The KRANSKAN Safety Indicator for marine cranes is now available to reduce the double risk associated with crane overload and over-heel of the vessel which can lead to capsize.
The SeaWise Vessel Stability Monitor is being developed in conjunction with Seafish UK. This device is monitors the loss of stability in small craft, especially fishing vessels.