Orkot Marine Bearings have extensive experience of supplying rudder and stern tube bearings to the demanding shipbuilding and repair markets.
Orkot Marine Bearings are world leading manufacturers and suppliers of bearings and materials to the shipping and general marine industries for over 25 years. We offer two specialist materials to this market, TLM Marine and TXM Marine.
Orkot TLM Marine is an advanced, reinforced polymer material incorporating solid lubricants. The material has exceptional wear resistance and virtually no swell in water, providing dimensional stability. Orkot TLM Marine tolerates edge loading and misalignment even with the heaviest loads.
Orkot TXM Marine is a development of our TLM Marine material using a unique manufacturing process that provides a high concentration of PTFE in the sliding area whilst maintaining high compressive strength. An added benefit is that the PTFE layer is several millimetres thick, thus making it tolerant to wear so that it keeps its low friction properties throughout the service life of the bearing.
Orkot TLM and TXM Marine is used in a wide range of proven applications, including:
- Rudder bearings
- Water lubricated propeller shaft bearings
- Stabiliser bearings
- Weapons handling bearings and guide strips
- Deck machinery bearings
- Steering gear bearings
- Stern roller bearings
- Slipway pads
- Sonar bushings and guide strips
- Low magnetic permeability materials for mine counter measure vessels
- Door bushes
- Crane mast bearings
Orkot Marine Bearings are installed with an interference fit. Bearings are normally freeze fitted using liquid nitrogen, but can be press fitted or resin chocked as required. Where there are extended periods without lubrication, such as upper pintle bearings under light ballast conditions, Orkot TXM Marine proves particularly effective.
Orkot Marine Bearings - proven benefits:
- Extensive global stocks available
- 24h turnaround for non-stock sizes
- Classification approval for up to 15N/mm²
- Approved dry running capability
- Virtually no swell in water
- Low coefficient of friction
- Environmentally friendly - pollution free
- Tolerant to edge loading