Ultra Systems is a privately owned company, formed in 1998. Since its conception we have developed our unique technology to a stage where we now have a production standard product that we now use to demonstrate the power of the technology and adapt it for new applications. We are currently a small company but are growing quickly, and have recently moved into a much larger production unit. Our technology and product is truly unique with machining performance that some people find hard to believe.
We are located in Barnsley in Yorkshire, England, not far from the M1 motorway.
Ultra Systems Ltd.are specialists in toolmaking machines that use Electro Chemical Machining (ECM) techniques as the basis but with technology breakthroughs that offer performance way beyond spark erosion/EDM for the first time.
With one of our Ultra ECM machines, you can reduce your machine tool production costs whilst also improving the quality of the tools produced.
If you are familiar with spark erosion/EDM or ECM you will be amazed at our technology. We call it Ultra ECM, but in short it is an extraordinary new machining technique that you may find hard to believe. If in any doubt, come and see us and see it for yourself.
The Ultra ECM machines are designed and manufactured to the highest possible standards and include the following technical specifications:
- Closed loop positioning with 1 micron resolution
- Digital AC drives on all axes
- Adaptive control
- Automated peak current selection
- Touch screen with a Graphic User Interface
- Technology library
An Ultra ECM can be used in a wide variety of industries including the manufacture of :
- Tablet compression tools
- Plastic, rubber and glass tool moulds
- Stamping tools
- Precision engineering components
An Ultra ECM reduces the costs of tool production in the following ways:
- Increased speed of tool production
- Extremely fast machining rate (up to 50 times faster than conventional EDM)
- No polishing required to produce high quality finished tools and components
- One pass operation
- Improved quality of tools produced
- Fine detail produced with perfect repeatable reproduction
- Smooth surface finish
- Surface integrity retained
- Zero electrode wear
- A fundamental aspect of ECM
- Infinite electrode life
- Increased manufacturing flexibility
- The Ultra ECM means all current machining methods should be reappraised
- Rapid prototyping of electrodes
- Electrode produced using stereolithography which is then metallized