Wide ranging commercial and board capability. Background in construction and engineering companies of all sizes. Extensive hands-on management and commercial experience.
If you would like to arrange an initial meeting to discuss any current issues you may have, or just to explore any possible future requirements, please get in touch.
More than 40 years working for civil engineering contractors and having extensive and significant hands-on Board level experience – with companies ranging in size from specialist subcontractor to fully quoted plc.
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor, specialising in both contractor company organisation and management and in contractual claims and dispute resolution.
• Operated my own consultancy for more than ten years, offering management, commercial and claims advice and support to contractors and sub-contractors.
• Experienced in working closely with other key players in integrated management teams.
• A proven ability to build, lead and motivate successful teams.
• Effectively improved cash generation and retention in several companies by a combination of tendering skills, commercial strengths and optimisation of resources, whilst retaining client relationships and reputation.
• Extensive hands-on commercial experience utilising different forms of contract, and involving the preparation, submission and negotiation of contractual entitlements and claims, predominantly without recourse to law.
• Extensive track record in the settlement of construction claims and dispute resolution.
• Several years’ experience in establishing and negotiating contractual entitlements, from relatively minor to several million pounds.
• Particularly strong experience in civil engineering, rail and power contracts – especially those involving ICE and NEC forms of contract and sub-contract