Bywaters Skip Hire
Bywaters Skip hire has operated in London since 1952. We hire local skips to both trade customers and local households in need of a skip.
Our customers hire top quality skips and receive the best skip hire service because we pride ourselves on being friendly, helpful and reliable.
By hiring a skip from us, you can be sure that up to 85% of all incoming skip waste is currently recycled at Bywaters. So the waste in your skip does not directly go to landfill or risk being dumped, getting you, the "legal waste producer" a potential fine.
- Recycling metal in skips - reprocessed to produce anything from cans to cars
- Recycling soil in skips - screened and blended for landscaping and agriculture
- Recycling hardcore in skips - crushed and screened to produce secondary aggregate
- Recycling wood in skips - shredded for chipboard or fuel
Any skip you hire is picked up and returned to our London skip depot. The skip waste is collected, sorted, and reprocessed by the London skip hire team, who insure the complete Recycling and Waste Management of your used skip.
Our skips are ideal for home clearance, garden waste and household rubbish. Whatever type of skip needed, use our three simple steps, and order a skip that's right for you!
Getting a Skip Permit
When you hire a skip and need to place it on the road (public highway), you may need a skip permit from your local council. The procedure and cost varies from council to council prices are typically £30 to £60. Charges are made by your council subject to their interpretation of Section 139 road traffic regulations act, 1984. Some councils require you to apply directly to them for a permit, whereas most of them require the application to be from the skip hire company (Bywaters) itself. The simplest thing to do is get a quote from one of our team and we will advise you on the process and costs of obtaining a permit.
How long does a permit last?
A licence can be valid for any period between 1 day and 14 days. For longer periods additional applications should be made. Normally only one skip will be allowed on site at any one time except in exceptional circumstances.
- Domestic waste such as food and food packaging
- Fittings (non-electrical)
- Gas cookers
- Hard core
- Packaging (including cardboard, plastics, polystyrene)
- Soil (not contaminated with asbestos or oil)
- Solidified paint
For legal reasons, we cannot accept certain materials, including:
- Any compressed gas cylinder (gas bottles, Calor, Balloon gas, Oxygen, Acetylene
- Batteries (including households, car or lorry batteries)
- Chemicals (for example, cleaning products, hair dye, photographic chemicals)
- Clinical waste (healthcare waste)
- Computer towers
- Computer screens
- Electric fans
- Electric cookers
- Liquids (such as cooking oil, engine oil, hydraulic oil, bleach)
- Solvents (for example paint, glue)