Institution of Chemical Engineers
We provide back to basics process industry technical training. Our technical training involves a collection of multi-media training packages. These clearly and comprehensively explain the basics of numerous industrial processes. The industrial processing series covers topics from distillation to gas absorption to heat exchange.
We have different levels of membership, each providing you with professional support and a range of services whatever level you work at within the chemical, biochemical and process profession. We are licensed by Royal Charter to award the qualification Chartered Chemical Engineer. You are able to go online for all grades of IChemE membership.
Fellow members are expert engineering professionals of distinction, making valid contributions to the profession. Fellow membership is achieved by recognition of employment in an essential position of responsibility in chemical engineering for a sufficient period.
- An ‘important position of responsibility’ is a level very much greater than the requirement for chartership. You will be expected to have personal responsibility for decisions involving substantial resources and their consequences.
- A ‘sufficient period' is typically a minimum of 5 years working at this high level.
- You can view profiles of recently elected Fellows to gain an idea of the level you should be working at.
Chartered members are first-class chemical engineers who achieve an international and respected mark of ability.
Our committed chartered chemical engineers are able to gain one or both of the following registrations depending on the type of technical experience:
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with Engineering Council
- Chartered Scientist (CSci) with The Science Council