MSC (Scotland) Ltd
MSC (Scotland) Ltd is the UK manufacturing operation of MSC Vertriebs GmbH.
Opened in 1998, the purpose designed and built facility in Livingston has experienced consistent and profitable growth, largely attributable to the quality and efficiency of the services provided.
The lean structure of the company has and is being developed to continually support our customer's needs, with investment taking place in leading edge manufacturing technology and skilled personnel.
A total commitment to the quality of products and services is a key driver for MSC’s continued success. This is a Company wide core objective and belief of every MSC employee.
Our quality system is ISO9001:2008 compliant and EN ISO 13485 approved. MSC also gained ATEX approval IV for manufacturing intrinsically safe devices. Employees are trained to IPC610 Class 3 workmanship standards.
A combination of SPC, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and inspection, combined with AOI, X-Ray and test techniques ensure product quality consistently meets or exceeds customer’s specifications.
Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA)
Surface Mount (SMT)
BGA / µBGA
Chip Scale Package (CSP)
- PCB handling from 50mm x 7mm to 508mm x 584mm
- Medical Class 1
- RoHS Compliance Production
- Non RoHS Production – where permitted.
- Laminates – Rigid and semi Rigid Flexes
- BGA repair
- Passive components 0402, 0603, 1005 to 55mm
- Large connectors Length 150mm x depth 55mm x height 25mm
- QFP 26mm2 with pitch down to 0.3mm
- QFP 32mm2 with pitch down to 0.3mm
- QFP 55mm2 with pitch down to 0.5mm
- BGA, µBGA and CSPs using pitch 0.3mm
- BGA, µBGA and CSPs using 3D sensor (large visual field) with external dimensions: max 55mm x 150mm min lead pitch 0.3mm
- Odd form SMD Components eg Connectors, transformers, pots, miniature switches and coils
- Maximum Component height 25mm