Northumbria Byways is a self catering holiday cottage agency specialising in Northumbria and the borders. With over 14 years experience in the holiday business our aim is to offer both a professional and one-to-one service to holidaymakers. Being a privately owned company we have individual knowledge of our properties and take pride in the fact that our fully trained staff have first hand knowledge of Northumberland and are able to answer any queries a customer may have.
We take a personal interest in the properties we let and have a hands-on approach to inspections, constantly striving for higher standards. We can help you find the perfect retreat for your holiday or short break - whether you are looking for a barn conversion, a quaint fisherman's cottage, a log cabin, a modern bungalow - or even a Medieval Castle! All in perfect coastal, village and countryside settings, with all the modern conveniences needed for a relaxing family holiday or romantic get away.
If you would like to chat to us then you are welcome to telephone or email. We are always here and happy to be of assistance.
Do you own or are you looking to invest in a holiday cottage? We can offer free and impartial advice on the level of letting income you should be able to achieve. We manage nearly 200 cottages across Northumberland and have years worth of data to help ensure that you make a right decision.
We have an extensive year round advertising programme, which includes all the Northumbria and District tourist publications, the main national newspapers, quality periodicals and specialist magazines. Each year we send out over 24,000 promotional emails and our website generates great interest with over 100,000 visitors and 1 million page views annually.
Our terms are both flexible and competitive with payments being made monthly, in advance.
Even during the season we are able to take on new cottages as requested. These cottages are promoted by an immediate entry onto our website, under the heading; New Additions, and by inclusion on a printed supplement which is slipped into the current brochure, further cottages being added as they become available. We are thus able to market new properties almost immediately to take full advantage of the remainder of the season.
So if you would like to take advantage of our marketing and booking services offering the personal touch from a long established independent company complete the form below with your details. Or simply call us today on 016977 46777 for an informal discussion with our experienced staff.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Northumberland coast is the most popular destination for visitors. From the busy fishing harbour at Seahouses to the more genteel and up market town of Bamburgh with its cricket pitch and iconic castle we help advise on the best holiday lets.
Over the years our customers have come to love many of the holiday lets and we can introduce you to really popular ones such as Cloggy Nook in Beadnell or The Bathing house near Howick.
Are you looking for a truly luxurious 5 star holiday house? We have a wonderful choice up here in Northumberland.
If you are looking for a luxury house for a large family gathering then Greystead in Bamburgh, just across from the castle, would be a popular choice.The house easily accommodates 12 guests and also has Wifi. Pets are welcome.
Would you like to stay in a 5 star timber lodge with lovely views across the Tyne valley and your own hot tub? Well take a look at Mounthooley.It sleeps 8 has wifi and pets are welcome.
We all love to take our dogs on holiday. What would it be like without them? Well I know some people would say a lot easier but to me its not quite the same. But what makes a good holiday house for you and the your dogs? What should you look for, what should you expect?
These are just a few good guidelines.
1. To us the important thing is that the house is rented from someone who understands dogs. Someone who understands that most dog owners are desperate to keep the house clean and tidy, to prove that their dogs can go on holiday too and that they are responsible. Find a house like this and you will return time and time again.
2. Decent secure garden. Oh how important and what joy when you find that you can let your dog outside on a cold winter evening and not have to worry about it chasing the cat next door or running onto the busy road which you hadn't known was there.
3. Pebbled or concrete area outside. It really helps if your dog has a non muddy area to stand outside the door as you start to clean those paws. I know of people who don't like pebbled areas and they say its sore on the dogs feet. But to us it is so much easier to clean them on hard standing.
4. An external hose to wash them down. Or joy of joys a stream or river to really wash them in after that visit to the beach.
5. External safe area or kennels. Sometimes when you return from that river walk they are just so muddy and you are so tired that you absolutely have to leave them to dry off outside. Having a kennel or secure area is so useful.
6. A non carpeted area inside. We love kitchens with tiles. The dogs can come in clean....but if you have been on the beach then the chances are that there is sand still on them. So they can lie down on the tiles and dry properly whilst you open that bottle of wine which you thought about all the way home.
7. No ornaments at a low level. We have all been into houses where the ornaments just fill every table, shelf and mantlepiece. Well any decent labrador will have a tail designed to knock them off.
8. Walks nearby. It helps if you can walk them straight from the house and it's not a question of getting in the car and driving away. This is a luxury, just leave the back door and the walk starts immediately.
Here at Northumbria Byways we have lots of holiday cottage owners more than willing to welcome families with their dogs. They understand that usually anyone willing to take dogs on holiday will ensure that everyone has a good time!