Scaringbirds com Ltd
Scaringbirds.com are leading designers and manufacturers of some of the world’s most state of the art bird deterrents and rat and mice deterrents. These include electronic audible and ultrasonic bird deterrents, and wind powered visual spinning bird scarers, scarecrows and ultrasonic rodent deterrents which deter a wide range of birds, rats, mice and predators. Our products are sold throughout the world for
- Crop protection
- Industrial buildings
Our range of audible and ultrasonic weatherproof bird scarers and deterrents include the Wailer Mk6, the Maxi Wailer, the Midi Wailer and the Birdbuzzer all of which can be fitted with additional slave speaker units for use in many situations and the Runwayler as a mobile deterrent for protecting airport runways. According to the model the features include
- Protecting up to 12 hectares with minimal running costs on a 12 volt battery
- Suitable for aviation, industrial and agricultural use and in adverse conditions such as marine sites, aquaculture and tropical climates
- A sweeping movement of constantly changing audible and ultrasonic sounds at distress call frequencies
- Environmentally friendly – fully programmable with separate day and night selection of operating sounds for use where noise abatement is of concern
- Optional slave speakers for extending and giving greater focus to the area where bids perch prior to feeding.
The Flashing Hawkeye and the Flashing Buddha Eyes spinning bird scarers are versatile visual deterrents either alone or with sound making devices and features include
- Perfect complement to all audible and ultrasonic bird deterrents
- High elevation model with special mounting brackets for use on industrial buildings
- Constantly spinning visual deterrent
- Large multi-angled mirrors give a powerful flash of reflected light from the sun or even a full moon
- Many species including gulls and pigeons deterred by the vibrant coloured predator’s eyes alone
- Revolves in just a breath of wind
- No running costs. No batteries.
- Ideal for arable crops, horticulture, soft fruits, vineyards, fish farms, municipal rubbish tips, kitchen gardens
- Protects free range poultry and pheasant poults from predators
- Deters deer from forestry
The Scaringbirds.com range of airport bird deterrents and scarers includes the Runwayler which is a mobile bird scarer for use on runway patrol vehicles, and also the Wailer and the Birdbuzzer in and around hangars both of which can be fitted with multiple slave speaker units, and the wind powered Flashing Hawkeye is effective as a visual deterrent for outlying areas. In addition the ultrasonic Ratsonic can be used internally to protect hangars and warehouses against rodents.
The Scaringbirds.com range of electronic audible and ultrasonic bird scarers and bird deterrents for industrial buildings includes the fully programmable audible or ultrasonic Wailer Mk6 , and Birdbuzzer and Midi Wailer all of which can be fitted with multiple slave speakers and can be used internally, externally on roof tops or around loading bays. In addition the roof mounted wind powered Flashing Hawkeye with mirrors is an excellent constantly moving spinning visual bird
For sites or buildings with solar panels the principle problem is that bird droppings create “hotspots” which damage the solar panels and reduce output. As demonstrated in a video on the Scaringbirds.com website the best solution is to have a combination of one the models of electronic bird deterrents such as the Wailer Mk6, Maxi Wailer, Midi Wailer or Birdbuzzer, all of which can be fitted with additional slave speaker units, together with the Flashing Hawkeye which can be ground mounted or roof mounted depending upon the situation
For many construction sites the principle problem is to deter birds from nesting before construction commences and to comply with the terms of planning regulations and the most common solution is to have a combination of the 12 volt battery powered audible fully automatic Maxi Wailer combined with the ground mounted wind powered Flashing Hawkeye or Flashing Buddha Eyes with mirrors as a constantly moving visual deterrent.
Other industrial applications include
- Electricity and telecommunications companies for protecting pylons and transmission towers
- Waste recycling and landfill site bird deterrents
- Oil and gas rigs bird scarers
- Utilities and Construction companies who are seeking to comply with planning requirements to deter birds from nesting prior to commencing construction of roads, pipelines and buildings
- Police forces and ambulance centres on their communications equipment
- Many water companies use both the electronic deterrents and Flashing Hawkeyes at their locations
- They are also used around public buildings and offices and the Birdbuzzer is ideal for deterring birds from factories, loading bays and buildings such as churches where the speakers can be on the roof yet with the control unit at ground level.
The Wailers and the Flashing Hawkeye are particularly effective as bird scarers against pigeons, rooks and gulls for crop protection of oil seed rape and other arable crops with the Midi Wailer and Birdbuzzer being useful deterrents around cattle yards and silage areas.
Both varieties of deterrent have been used successfully around the world for protecting grapes in vineyards.
Experience has shown that for deterring predators such as buzzards and cormorants the best solution is by visual methods using the Flashing Hawkeye. These are widely use to protect free range poultry, pheasant release pens and off-shore salmon farms.