SG Estimating Ltd
SG Estimating Ltd is an independent design and estimating company for building services contractors. Our main success is providing detailed mechanical & electrical estimating for contractors based all over the UK, ranging anywhere between £10K to £10 Million.
Previously known as Estel*, S G Estimating has adapted its services over the years to allow us to produce detailed, competitive tenders with a view to winning the contract for our client, all within the shortest of deadlines. We have adapted our procedures to provide a "tailored" electrical estimating service to suit client's particular requirements.
Estel soon added its Mechanical estimating cap, providing separate or combined M&E estimates. Simon Gesese joined the company in 1998 as an Electrical Estimator, later on becoming manager then made director of the company. In 2007 S G Estimating was established to take over from Estel Estimating due to Peter Bishop's unfortunate quick turn of ill health.
With the growth of the company and the Electrical estimating service, Estel soon added its Mechanical estimating cap, providing separate or combined Mechanical & Electrical estimates. Simon Gesese joined the company in 1998 as an Electrical estimator, later on becoming manager to then be made a director of the company in 2006. In 2007 S G Estimating was established to take over from Estel Estimating due to Peter Bishop’s unfortunate quick turn of ill health. The company has continued to improve its Mechanical & Electrical estimating service, to our client’s particular requirements.
The Electrical estimating services are headed by the director, Mr. Simon Gesese who has over 10-years experience in the Electrical contracting industry. With over 10-years experience in preparing and securing tender bids for ALL sectors of the electrical building services industry. We can help with Electrical take-offs, Design & Build tenders (while only carrying out a preliminary design, cheaper than a full design) for the purposes of producing a tender. Regardless of the type of contract, we will be able to help you with all your electrical tendering needs. Look no further than SG Estimating for all your mechanical and electrical estimating needs.
Mechanical and Electrical Estimating -
- We accept all tender documents via post, email or CD.
- We send out all enquiries to sub-contractors on your behalf (if they are not specified we use your list of preferred specialists, or from our own list of companies we have built up relationships with over the years).
- Take offs are carried out and all information compiled into an estimate using SEC Solutions Estimating programme. (Based on the Luckins database, with prices updated on a weekly basis.)
- All Estimates will come complete with a set of tender notes, clearly explaining any areas of the estimate/tender that you should be aware of (provisions, exclusions, clarifications etc).
- The estimate report itself will come as a PDF document (although other formats such as excel or word can be provided on request); clearly breaking down all materials (trade, discount and net) and labour into unit and total for each individual item.
- A separate detailed tender summary page will also be provided (based on the summary provided within the tender documents) with a breakdown of each section unit and total cost, labour hours, net cost and selling totals.
- We are more than happy to either discuss the estimate over the phone, or attend your/our offices for a handover meeting when the estimate is complete.
- We are also available to attend site if the tender requires a site visit, to assess existing serves etc (sire visits would be charged in addition to our estimating services.)
Our charges are based on the Net cost of the estimate report (after discounts and excluding all PC and Provisional Sums.)