Spiro-Gills Thermal Products Ltd
We specialise in the manufacture of finned tubes. We are the only company throughout the whole of the UK to manufacture welded, applied and extruded finned tubes. Our capabilities include the manufacture of high specification tube from 25mm to 219mm diameter for use in process/engine coolers, boilers and furnaces.
With more than 50 years of experience in the design and fabrication of all major process cooling components including finned tubing, headers, plenum chambers, fan rings, bundle frames and structure, we are able to offer customers an unparalleled guarantee on the thermal and mechanical performance of our equipment.
For more information on finned tube or any related product or service, visit our website.
Our vast service includes the supply of spares and replacement parts for use in heat exchangers, process and engine cooler systems throughout the world. We offer a full range of spares and replacement parts for all process and engine cooler systems supplied by Spiro-Gills Thermal Products Ltd and other manufacturers.
- Bearing Sets and Drive Shafts
- Fans and Fan Ring Assemblies
- Fan Louvers
- Header Plugs
- Process and Engine Cooler Re-Tubing Bundles and Upgrades
- Fin Fan Upgrade and Replacement Parts
- Fan Motors, Drive Gear and Assemblies
We supply a charge air cooler range, also known as an intercooler. Our supply of charge air coolers ranges in size depending on your engine size. We have options in small intercoolers for automobile engines and truck engines, and larger charge air coolers for marine diesel engines.
Here at Spiro-Gills Thermal Products, we are proud to represent GEA Maschinenkuhltechnik. We are able to supply:
- Closed circuit coolers to meet the needs and requirements of the power generation and electrical industries
- Pressure Gas Coolers to meets the needs of the compressed gas market. (Quantities of 5,000nm3/h up to abt 5000,000 nm3/h in the pressure range up to abt. 50 bars)
- Recirculation coolers to meet the needs for air-cooled machines as well as middle size generators
- Charge Air Coolers. These are custom made for all individual engine designs, particular criteria and varied operational conditions. As integral component of diesel and gas engines they work steadily on ships, rail borne vehicles or in stationary installations for engine performances>150kw
We supply air coolers and heat exchangers. Our stock of air coolers and heat exchangers is vast and applicable for use in oil refineries, petrochemical plants, power generating stations, and fertiliser and gas production plants throughout the world.
Spiro-Gills Thermal Products Ltd makes use of leading-edge computer equipment, including the latest CAD systems, to ensure maximum efficiency in a range of processes including thermal design, mechanical design of headers and steel structure, noise level predictions and many more.
We have over 60 years of experience in the design and manufacture of air coolers and heat exchangers. Our highly-trained and experienced thermal design engineers are able to offer a bespoke solution in the design of induced draft air coolers or forced draft air coolers and heat exchangers, both thermally and mechanically.
- D Series - axial cooling fans, designed to operate at peak efficiency at the most common duty points in field erected cooling towers and air-cooled steam condensers
- E Series - the most widely supplied cooling fans by Howden, available in three different blade profiles, ENF, ELF and ELFA, for application in cooling towers, air-cooled heat exchangers or air-cooled steam condensers
- K Series - cooling fans, designed for use in factory assembled cooling towers and air-cooled heat exchangers
- SX Series - low-noise cooling fans, used in a wide range of cooling and ventilation systems that must meet strict environmental noise levels
- Fan Casing - Howden patented 'Fan Casings' have a unique lightweight, double wall construction and are designed to match Howden cooling fans used in air-cooled steam condensers.
We are also able to supply other manufacturers of fans such as Hudson, Cofimco and many more.
We provide a professional and dedicated service for the re-tubing and repair of heat exchangers.
Within our service for re-tubing and repair of heat exchangers, we carry out many repairs including the complete re-tubing of heat exchanger tube bundles. Our preference is to re-tube/refurbish in our own workshop where the work can be carried out under factory conditions. Where this is not possible, on-site repairs are arranged.
We supply helical high finned tube bundles in either welded finned tube, applied finned tube or extruded finned tube.