Thomas Wood Associates
Thomas Wood Associates is a Mechanical and Electrical Engineering building services consultancy practice formed in 1994.
Tom Wood formed the practice after many years experience as a consultant engineer snd M & E Building Services Contractor, Cheif Engineer of a major north west building contractor, and Director of a building services contractor.
Tom is Now practicing in all forms of Consultancy including technical design and procurement for overseas contracts. Now acting for some years as an Expert Witness in all Mechanical and
Electrical Services Disciplines.
Tom Wood is a timed served apprentice pipefitter/ plumber with a
City & Guilds 1st Class certificate.
After attending various technical courses is now qualified to :-
- B.Sc. Mech. Eng. (Thermo/fluids/heat transfer).
- Chartered Engineer. C.Eng.
- Member of Chartered Institution of Building Services (MCIBSE).
- H.N.C Building Construction.
- H.N.C Environmental Engineering.
- City Guilds (First Class)
Here are some of Thomas Woods specialist subjects
- Building Services (Mechanical) Design.
- Industrial, Commercial & Domestic.
- Industrial comercial and domestic centeral heating
- Water services
- Gas services
- Heat transfer processes
- Air conditioning
- Project Managment
- Claims and litigation
- Expert witness
- M & E consultant engineer - building services
- XPRO Witness
Here are some examples of Toms recent appointments as an expert witness.
- Carry out an investigation and prepare a report on an alleged ineffective fairly large A/C installation at solicitors’ offices in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Technical problems and costs in respect of a large domestic property over a central heating and hot water installation that included a solar powered system.
- Claim for damages as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning from a domestic gas fire.
- A claim for damages by a secretary for Fibromyalgia alleged to have been caused by the Air Conditioning system in Northern Ireland.
- In respect of failed Water Connection fittings that caused a major flood with alleged damages of £400k in a music studio in Oldham and a similar case in a High Tech office in Manchester.
- To act on behalf of a claimant in respect of damages to his health due to passive smoking and poor ventilation in a NHS Mental Health residence.
- As an (SJE) in respect of various design and installation faults at a number of Council Owned domestic central heating installations in the Oldham area.
- In respect of Electrical design and installation faults including contractual matters concerning costs and contractual disputes with regard to a large business premises on the Wirral, design faults and contractual disputes, a fatality due to “Carbon Monoxide” Poisoning from an LP gas fire and a fatality to a plumber due to “Electrocution” through the plumbing installation.
Here are some Examples of some of Tom Woods recent appointments as an M & E Consultant Engineer.
- To design and supervise the complete installation of the Central Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Hot Water services to a large new Medical Centre within an existing church.
- To act as the contract administrator and design consultant to design and construct new Tennis Courts and new county standard Flood Lighting at one tennis club and the flood lights only at another.
- Appointed to visit two potential DATA Disaster Recovery Centres in Geneva and Glasgow and prepare a due diligence report on the existing and possible engineering services requirements on behalf of some of the major banks.
- To design, specify and supervise the complete M & E Services to a complex of Musical Studios in Liverpool.
- Commissioned to provide the design and procurement for the Mechanical and Fire Fighting services inc. sprinklers to a Gold Mining project in Tanzania.
- Accepted a short term full time contract appointment on a £200m Leisure and shopping Development in Glasgow to design the full Air Conditioning and all Mechanical services to the Ice Arena, Free Ice area and a Curling Rink inc. Smoke Control and a Building Management System.
- Appointed to provide the initial M & E Consultancy Service for a £15m leisure "Theme Park” development project in the UK.
- Appointed to design, write and prepare full Mechanical and Electrical Operating and Maintenance manuals for Four First Class Safari Tourist Hotels and Lodges in Northern Tanzania.
For more information or any enquiries please contact Thomas Wood on
Tel: 01704 834677