W Christie (Industrial) Ltd
Here at W Christie, we specialise in the hire, sales, repair and calibration of torque tools. We are dedicated to the development and manufacture of torque tools and bolt tightening equipment. Our range of torque tools includes:
- Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electric, Battery and Manual torque wrenches and multipliers
- Torque tools to match your specific torque application
- Torque tools individually serviced between every hire
- Calibration certificates to UK National Standards supplied with all torque tools
- Wide range of torque ancillaries/accessories
- Operator training/assessment
- ISO 9001 and UKAS Quality Management Certified
Our low profile hydraulic torque wrenches have an open hexagon to fit directly onto the nut or bolt head. We have designed low profile hydraulic torque wrenches to be suitable for use on applications with limited overhead access or with fasteners having excessive thread protrusion. They are easy to handle and position due to the light titanium alloy construction, reversible ratchet system, and swivel 360 degree connections.
C-RAD pneumatic torque tools offer hard hitting performance in the toughest conditions, rapidly tightening or removing threaded fasteners, without impact or vibration exposure to operators. Our C-RAD pneumatic torque tools use a unique silencer adaptation to reduce noise outputs to remove the need for hearing protection. Our tools are small, light, and portable yet strong and built to last.
We have designed the offset gearbox with C-RAD pneumatic torque wrench for high speed tightening and untightening of fasteners with overhead obstructions. Our offset gearbox with C-RAD pneumatic torque wrench efficiently transfers power directly from tool to fasteners at an impressive 2.6:1 multiplication.
Our new BC-RAD X battery torque tool is the perfect solution for tightening and un-tightening fasteners when you need a high performance tool, in situations independent of power. Our BC-RAD X battery torque tool is supplied housed in a weatherproof pelican storage case complete with:
- Two quick change Li-ion 18v battery packs - when fully charged will tighten up to 400 bolts
- Battery charger
- Robust reaction arm and retention ring
- Individual calibration chart
- Operator manual
We supply hands free backing tools so you don't need an operator to hold a conventional flogger. Our hands free backing tools are safer than traditional methods of bracing the nut as they minimise risk of trapped hands and fingers. They feature:
- Adjustable ball detent to hold nut brace to nut
- Single cast construction for strength
- Tethering ring to stop brace from falling
- Bi-hexagon head to aid location
- Imperial sizes to suit flange bolts
Now was the time to construct a new site with all the latest features and functions. We hope users with find the new site easier to navigate and more visually appealing. We have included most of the items from our product range but will of course be adding additional material as time goes on. If there is something you can't find at the moment, give us a call or drop us a message.
For over 50 years W. Christie have provided Bespoke Engineered Solutions for both torque and non-torque applications. By focusing on our core capabilites, pratical skills and knowledge base, we are able to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems. The examples in this section represent just a small sample of the 'solutions' developed by W. Christie to help customers overcome their engineering problems.
W. Christie provide Total Engineered Solutions, meaning you only have to deal with one company during the complete project cycle and thereafter.